PDA

View Full Version : Screen Colour

14-07-2001, 12:43 PM
I run Win98. 18 mnths ago I fitted Iomega 100Meg Zip Backup, which caused no end of conflicts with HP printer etc. Have since had a separate port fitted to overcome. My screen colour has a bluish tinge, which sometimes flicks back to normal colouring. Have tried all the different Reso's but still the same problem. I bumped the main CPU one day, and had normal colour for an hour, but that has not recurred despite the odd thump to the case!!. Have reloaded WIN 98, but still no luck. Do I have a hardware, or software problem, or do you have another suggestion to fix. Many thanks

14-07-2001, 01:10 PM
Those zip drives are known to cause all sorts of problems with printers sharing the same port so your not alone there.
The monitor problem sounds like a hardware fault, I had a monitor that did similar things, it would flick to a red or a blue tinge and only a replacement monitor fixed the problem - just hope its not that bad in your case.

14-07-2001, 02:25 PM
The most common cause of this type of problem is a bent pin on the cable that attaches your screen to your video card. Bumping the CPU probably gave a good connection until you moved it.

Unplug the screen and check that all 9 pins are correctly aligned. Adjust any using needle nose pliers or a small screwdriver.