PDA

View Full Version : Napier people

Greg
24-08-2009, 04:36 AM
As previously mentioned, my two younger daughters are visting me here (in Napier) from Melbourne for a week tomorrow. They want to spend Friday or Saturday night on the town without their old dad, and want to go to a night club.

Can anyone (or someone's children) suggest a reputable place where they can go for music and dancing?

Their ages are 19 and 21. I'm completely out of touch with the night scene here. I've planned nature walks and restaurants for their visit, but I have to remember that I used to be that age once!

Thanks for any suggestions!

kenj
24-08-2009, 07:49 AM
SWMBO suggests - maybe at the bars at Ahuriri would be best. Lots of food as well, not just booze. Don't know about dancing though. My kids are a lot older and past that stage now. Perhaps ring the Information Centre on the Parade. There are a few young chicks working there.

Aaaaah to be that age again Greg!!!! :thumbs:

Hope this helps...
Ken

Strommer
24-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Tell your daughters to go to Hastings Street, between Emerson and Tennyson. There are several pubs / night clubs in this area. All seem decent to me - I have been into all of them. On Friday and Saturday nights one of these establishments has clientele who are slightly 'rough', but nothing like the old 'working men's pub' and your daughters will be able to easily perceive the better places. There is another pub on Market Street - this is the short street close to Hastings, connecting the Emerson pedestrian street to Tennyson.

Trev
24-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Yes alot of bars around at Port Ahuriri Shed 2, The Gin Trap, Blue Water etc to name but a few. The Cabana up Shakespeare Rd.
:)

Greg
24-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanx folks.

I hate to be over protective, but good advice is... good advice.

Sweep
24-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Being protective is good parenting.

However you can't watch over them all the time while they live in Melbourne and you live in Napier.

Try trusting them to find their way to a place where they hopefully not be molested.

If they were given good values I suspect they will work it out.

hueybot3000
24-08-2009, 11:50 PM
If only i lived in napier

roddy_boy
25-08-2009, 01:04 AM
Let's go for a road trip huey.

hueybot3000
25-08-2009, 01:06 AM
:banana

somebody
25-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Let's go for a road trip huey.

Greg can meet you there with a shotgun.

beeswax34
25-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Greg can meet you there with a shotgun.

I'll mail him a rocket launcher if he promises to use it!

SolMiester
26-08-2009, 10:48 AM
I was told Ahuriri was safer than Hastings St, but then again, have also been dont the patch boys are harassed by the police if they go near town........
Steve's talking about the Cry!....

Sideline bar is good for live bands if thats their thing!

roddy_boy
27-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanx folks.

I hate to be over protective, but good advice is... good advice.

Sweet so huey and I will pick them up around 9 tomorrow night. Where abouts are you based? Don't worry, I know Napier pretty well, I grew up in Eskdale and Bay View.

Renmoo
27-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Sweet so huey and I will pick them up around 9 tomorrow night. Where abouts are you based? Don't worry, I know Napier pretty well, I grew up in Eskdale and Bay View.
Don't you have tests this week though? :p

hueybot3000
27-08-2009, 08:41 PM
and theres no way il get to napier by 9 tomorrow lol roddy in order to road trip theres gotta be some plannin

Sweep
27-08-2009, 08:47 PM
I could get to Napier by 9 tomorrow.

Only thing is at my age I would have forgotten what to do when I get there. :-)

Misty
27-08-2009, 09:01 PM
If only i lived in napier
Very nice place ! All our friends etc are on the North Shore and we won't move now at our age, but Napier (or Nelson) would be a great place to live !
Misty :)

Misty
27-08-2009, 09:05 PM
....and if roddy_boy is only half as good-looking as his avatar, then the girls will be thrilled !
Misty :lol: