PDA

View Full Version : Displays.

Sweep
23-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I noticed this today.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=162027

Anyone ever seen Marijuana, Heroin, Methampetamine or "P" displays?

Some people use these in spite of not being on display.

We may as well take alcoholic beverages out of pubs as well and you can't advertise certain brands of chocolate as some are less than perfect.

Remuera taxis have come under fire before.

In my opinion there are people out there that seem to have no agenda apart from convincing others that they are absolutely correct in every way.

Do they get paid more than lawyers?

R2x1
23-08-2009, 09:23 PM
They don't get paid as much, but they don't get depised as much either. ;)

They should ban childbirth first since it is 100% fatal in all cases.

Sweep
23-08-2009, 09:46 PM
They don't get paid as much, but they don't get depised as much either. ;)

They should ban childbirth first since it is 100% fatal in all cases.

100% correct at this time.

About to go off to look for the fountain of youth and be immortal but that would be wrong as I may forget what I have learned so far.

Perhaps look for reincarnation instead. That way I'd have a memory of a previous life maybe.

R2x1
23-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Right, we'll both look. I will check in a few bottles, OK?

The chances of me forgetting anything are slim, I've done it already.

mikebartnz
23-08-2009, 10:27 PM
When they banned the advertising of tobacco I would have had more respect for it if they had also banned alcohol and gambling.

Sweep
23-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I guess my point is that hiding legal substances under the counter will not stop people getting the same.

And people still sell legal substances to under age people.

Banning anything just does not work because all it will do is make it go underground.

A simple example would be prohibition in the USA.

Erayd
23-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Or they could go the other way and do what Mexico has just done (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iP1GlMCOzYSi8kbAUY1lLDdqc4vAD9A70MDO0).

prefect
23-08-2009, 11:26 PM
It is a good idea to further tighten the screws on limiting smoking to unglamorize the displays in shops. Fags should be treated like stick books in a diary ie covered so kids cant get a peak. Smokers should feel like a leper every time they light their fag up.
Never stamp smoking out completely, they have had a snow balls chance in hell of winning the war on drugs so stopping people from smoking would even be harder.
Yanks tried to ban drinking piss and that was a massive fail with bells on.
I used to grow and cure my own tobacco the variety was called burley, but then I started to earn more money so I gave it away. To be honest it was pretty strong, after a night on the piss I could hardly breathe the next day.
Fountain of youth reputed to be near the Salisbury lodge on the tableland but havent found it yet.

pctek
24-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Fags should be treated like stick books in a diary ie covered so kids cant get a peak. Smokers should feel like a leper every time they light their fag up.

That would be an excellen way to glamorize it for young people. The minute you try to hide something, they want to go investigate it.

And why should they? Do drinkers feel like lepers? No-one ever killed another person in a car from smoking. Nor do smokers tend to bash their partners or whatever after too many cigarettes.