PDA

View Full Version : Boot from USB

LarsJohann
23-08-2009, 03:53 PM
Hello, i've just finished building my own computer and i'm trying to install Windows from an image i have but i can't seem to get it to boot at all. It just hangs at a black screen with a white typing symbol blinking. I'm running Phoenix AwardBIOS and have tried to configure many various things. If anyone can help, i'd appreciate it :)

Sweep
23-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Hello, i've just finished building my own computer and i'm trying to install Windows from an image i have but i can't seem to get it to boot at all. It just hangs at a black screen with a white typing symbol blinking. I'm running Phoenix AwardBIOS and have tried to configure many various things. If anyone can help, i'd appreciate it :)

More info needed.

Specs of computer mostly Motherboard make and and version of the Phoenix BIOS.

How did you create the image and what did you use to do same?

Very often you may boot off a floppy or CD to restore an image.

If this is a new computer does it have the same motherboard and chipset as the other computer from which you created the image?

Those are just a few questions. I may have others depending on the answers.

LarsJohann
23-08-2009, 04:26 PM
My Motherboard is an Asus M3N78 Pro and i'm running Phoenix AwardBIOS but can't find which release. I used the program MagicISO to create the image. It's got all autorun.inf on there and all the hidden boot files. This is a completely new computer and the image i created is of the setup from the original Windows XP Pro 32-bit Black Edition setup.

Erayd
23-08-2009, 05:12 PM
...from the original Windows XP Pro 32-bit Black Edition setup.I assume you're aware that this is illegal / pirated?

jwil1
23-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Does booting from CD work? Have you set the boot order right? BTW the USB drive needs to be plugged in then the boot order set on Asus boards

Jen
23-08-2009, 05:28 PM
It is against the forum rules to ask for help or give help with pirated software. I suggest LarsJohann you read the forum rules. As this is the first time you have broken the forum rules, I will let you off with a warning.

Thread closed.