PDA

View Full Version : Google search

Tick1
21-08-2009, 04:32 PM
When I try to load Google Search from my Desktop, There is quite a delay because Internet Explorer loads first then only half a screen comes up under Explorer to show Google.
This happened also today when trying to load PCWorld. Is there any way to stop Explorer coming up, because I don't use it anyway.

Speedy Gonzales
21-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Well without internet explorer, if this is what you mean, google search probably wont work. So, you cant do much about it

feersumendjinn
21-08-2009, 07:23 PM
You want to change the default browser to the one you are using (Firefox?), go to tools>options>advanced>general tab (in Firefox) and put a tick in 'Always check if Firefox is the default browser on startup'; you may need to change your shortcut icon's target exe files, to make them open in Firefox, would be easier to delete and redo them once you've changed your default browser :)

lakewoodlady
21-08-2009, 08:37 PM
One of the first things I did with VISTA was dump Google search and then download Firefox, make Google my homepage, and all was sweet!

LL

Speedy Gonzales
21-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Google search doesnt come with Vista. Unless it was on the PC already / preinstalled. Well it didnt install when I installed vista on this.

Anything with the word google in it, isnt installed on any of these.

lakewoodlady
22-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I think it must have been preinstalled on new machine, along with a whole lot of other crap.

LL

Chilling_Silence
22-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Try Google Chrome, its Google's browser and launches heaps quick, plus the searching from the address-bar (Omni-bar) is awesome!

google.com/chrome

nedkelly
23-08-2009, 07:56 AM
+1 for chrome :thumbs:.
I use to use firefox all the time but had problems with it, and did not like how much ram it used up.
Now I use Chrome on all my Windows PCs, now the only thing I use IE for is to download Chrome.