PDA

View Full Version : Earth: The Power of the Planet

Evolbob
21-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Earth: The Power of the Planet is showing each Sunday on prime. I was wondering why this program was driving me crazy. A lot of it was making no sense at all. Like Dr Iain Stewart doing a voice over on the first few episodes, is hardly ever seen on the program. Then last Sunday I missed the show, so I searched the Internet and found where I could watch the show I missed, and then I watched one I'd already seen. I discovered Prime had cut nearly 20 minutes from this show for commercials. The online version commercial free was 58-to 59 minutes!!
No wonder the TV show sucked, and the online one was much more enjoyable. I also changed my opinion of Dr Iain Stewart, from dickhead to someone who does know what he's talking about - most of the time :).

Does anyone think a documentary should be edited like this for space?
I hate to think how much we have missed from the regular programs we do like to view. I also believe that if you really like to see any international show in full, you wont if it is on Prime!

davidmmac
21-08-2009, 07:21 AM
I agree it's a real shame Prime edit shows to fit in more ads - they do it with Top Gear as well :mad:.

zqwerty
21-08-2009, 09:19 AM
The cinemas in Christchurch used to cut a lot of footage out of movies so they could get in more sessions over the day back in the 70's, I used to wonder why they seemed so disjointed then later when I saw them again I realized what was happening, no wonder most of them are now gone.

When I was in Zambia the censors used to cut out the sex and keep the violence, when I came to NZ I noticed that they cut out the violence and kept the sex lol.

I notice that Dexter is no longer showing on TV, what happened to that admittedly controversial show?