PDA

View Full Version : svideo bnc trouble

liamv
19-08-2009, 03:38 PM
i've got an old hard drive based cctv recorder that i need to get footage off.
it has bnc outputs that seem to convert to composite video and are received by a tv so you can veiw the stream from the cameras, but when i tried to hook it up via a pci tuner card with svideoin-composite converter all i got was black and white mess. It was bnc to svideo.
different programs didn't solve the problem is it something to do with the load on the cable from the bnc output that a normal tv can deal with but a pci card isnt designed to handle?
Will I be able to pick up the signal via the rf aerial input on the card?

no the hard drive can't be read by a normal computer.

thanks

Speedy Gonzales
19-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Why can the hdd be read by another computer? WHAT video format is the video in on this hdd? WHAT program came with the tuner?? Whatever it is, it should have worked

Trev
19-08-2009, 04:01 PM
What about hooking it up to a VCR and recording it onto tape and if you want to put it onto your computer hook the VCR up to the tuner card.
:)

liamv
23-08-2009, 01:01 PM
sorry about the late reply didnt get an email prompt.
the hdd CANNOT be read by a computer I assume its not a normal fat32, ntfs format. the cctv unit is quite old no info on the net its KTV or something. I know it should have worked can't understand it used Cyberlink Powercinema program that came with the "WinFast" TV Tuner Capture PCI Card With Remote Control (878A Ch) only a cheap one but should do the job. Tried different freeware program like I said but still same result - garbled output so it seems to me its a cable issue just thought someone might have experience with older bnc outputs because i've never used them and don't believe you can just directly connect them to s-video.

And yeah could do the vhs thing thought of that but who can be bothered! I need a permanent solution to extracting footage as this problem (theft in a retail shop) will likely occur again and can't afford to replace the system atm