PDA

View Full Version : HP Monitor HPL1706 17inch Problem/broken?

mark1978
18-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Hey Guys!

Just got a 17inch HP monitor, its the L1706.

The problem is is that when you turn it on, the screen comes up but it makes a sound like it is on to high of resolution to display??!! Remember in the old days when you try to run something on a higher resolution then your monitor can handle? It then makes this schreeching noise and it goes back to the default settings! Well this is a similar sort of problem but it then decides to turn the screen black. It does the same thing when no vga cable is connected.

I personally thought it was a power problem, but the green light stays on.

Anyone got an idea?

I bought it of trade me yesterday for 15 bucks, I thought I give it a go!

Speedy Gonzales
18-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Did the person say what was wrong with it?? Could be anything. But, I wouldnt play around with it

mark1978
18-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi Speedy!! Yeah he said it sometimes cuts of the power, but it seems it does this everytime now. I only see the desktop for about 3 seconds..
Plus there was a line going through the screen (which does not worry me)
I am playing around with it coz I wanna fix it!! lol

Speedy Gonzales
18-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Sounds like the monitor I had which was a polyview. It lasted about 2 yrs. It used to turn on too (after turning it on/off about 10 times), the LED came on. Then I found out this was a common prob, with this brand of monitor.

Something to do with the power inverter or something. Went back to DSE to see if they could fix it (spare parts). They said no they didnt have any spare part for it, so it went in the bin

mark1978
18-08-2009, 08:06 PM
yeah I dunno where to look for it! I thought it had something to do with the power but it comes on then turns blank and I can not seem to change the resolution, I tried googling but no luck so far. I actually thought ringing HP tomorrow and see how much this part cost? The whole power plate for the power.

mark1978
19-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Bump, anyone else?