PDA

View Full Version : Address Book problems.

ianhnz
16-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi all. I have Windows XP Home. I am trying to export my Gmail address book, as a CSV file, into my Outlook Express. From Gmail I have downloaded to Desktop but how do I import into Outlook Express? I have tried importing CSV file but get, "Error importing to address book. So where should I put the CSV file for it to find it? Thanks for any help...:banana

wainuitech
16-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Doesn't matter where the CSV file is, its only a text file containing data.

Normally you would open Outlook Express - File/Import/ Other Address Book - Navigate to the CSV file - Import - Browse to the CVS file / Next and it imports.

If it wont import from the Main window in OE - Try opening the address book and file - Import from there. Example Shown (http://www.imagef1.net.nz/files/OE1250371277.jpg) (often its the better option) for some reason items dont always work from OE directly

IF it still wont import, its possible the CSV file is corrupt - go back into Gmail and export a fresh copy.

ianhnz
16-08-2009, 10:22 AM
No, sorry neither works. I can inport WAD files, but that out of date. Is there any way of conert a CSV to a WAD file?:thanks

wainuitech
16-08-2009, 10:49 AM
I suspect your OE is damaged then if it wont import CSV files. Im on Windows 7, but ran OE Via virtual Machine, and imported my own contacts from Gmail perfectly.

Do you by any chance have Outlook or another email program on the PC ?

if not you may want to try a repair on OE Instructions here (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/oerepair.mspx) - create a new account in OE, see if that fixes it or not.

Personally I dont know of any free or easy ways to convert CSV to WAB ( Its wab not wad) ;) CSV is a basic text file. The email program usually does it - Maybe someone else knows of ways of doing it ??

ianhnz
16-08-2009, 10:55 AM
I think I fixed it. I did a restart and it worked.

wainuitech
16-08-2009, 10:58 AM
I think I fixed it. I did a restart and it worked.

OKayyyyyyyyyyyyy :D it Must have woken up wrong then this morning eh!

ianhnz
16-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Yes I think it must of got outa the wrong side of the bed. :punk