PDA

View Full Version : Problem with images(.psd and .png files..)

Aezile
16-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Hi ya,

Umm sorry if this is not the right place to post this but i'm having problem with deleting images off my computer..

i downloaded an .rar file and extracted the images from it but then whenever i tried to delete them it saids that the file can't be found, so i tried changing the file name and deleted it but then it came back and i tried once more to delete them by changing the file name again but then saids that the image can't be found anymore and my image factory is almost filled up >< it only happens before with .psd files but now it's starting to happen with other files like .png ><

please someone help, thank you in advance
also i'm a newbie computer user and don't know much about computer please try and make the explaination as easy to follow as possible ><

Oh, I almost forgot my computer system is Windows Vista.. thanks ^_^

Speedy Gonzales
16-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Do you know WHERE and what the images were in this rar file??

Have you done a scan for viruses / malware etc?? Is SP1 or 2 installed?

sal
16-08-2009, 10:54 AM
"image factory"?

Blam
16-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Run>cmd

Type in chkdsk /r in the prompt and hit enter, if it prompts to restart, allow it to and let it run the disk scan.

Blam

Aezile
16-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Do you know WHERE and what the images were in this rar file??

Have you done a scan for viruses / malware etc?? Is SP1 or 2 installed?

All images are .png and .psd files on the RAR files

I've alreadyrun a scan/malware etc. and it didn't detect anything.

It is Window Vista Home Premium
2007 Micro. Corp.
Service Pack 2

pctek
16-08-2009, 10:08 PM
.rar file extracted the images from it

whenever i tried to delete them it saids that the file can't be found, so i tried changing the file name and deleted it but then it came back

my image factory is almost filled up

You are trying to delete the images which were successfully extracted? Correct?
You are deleting them how exactly? Using WIndows Explorer, selecting the images and pressing the delete key?

Then you deleted the file it can't find successfully but they reappeared? Did you delete the original .rar file first?

You replay to Blam6 by saying you ran a scan, but did you run chkdsk like he said?

Aezile
17-08-2009, 12:04 AM
You are trying to delete the images which were successfully extracted? Correct?

You are deleting them how exactly? Using WIndows Explorer, selecting the images and pressing the delete key?

Then you deleted the file it can't find successfully but they reappeared? Did you delete the original .rar file first?

You replay to Blam6 by saying you ran a scan, but did you run chkdsk like he said?

Correct. By selecting the images then delete key. Yes, it always say they can no longer be deleted because i don't have the original copy anymore.. :/

No, because I'm not sure about it, i don't know what will happen next. i'm totally new to computer world, sorry >_<

Blam
17-08-2009, 01:36 AM
No, because I'm not sure about it, i don't know what will happen next. i'm totally new to computer world, sorry >_<

It only checks your HD for bad sectors and errors in your filesystem(most likely cause of your problem)