PDA

View Full Version : 2 dgreees - keep old # or new #

Nomad
15-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi, I received my simcard. Still deciding on what to do.
What did you guys do?

I know my dad would keep his old # and he just use voice calls and text. Me not sure yet .... well it could be kinda good to have a different number when your bank and et al try to call you :clap

Plus 3G not released with 2 dgrees yet .. so again not sure. The $2.50 for 10MB would be kinda nice esp when many workplaces block personal emails and many websites.

Thanks.

Digby
15-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm going to change on Monday.
Just bought a 2deg sim card today. Set up all OK.
But put my voda sim back in as they can only change numbers during business hours.
I have a small business and have given out lots of cards etc so it will pay me to keep my old number. (But I would love the kudos of being 022, but can't)

Their change over web page is now up and running, but it is a bit slow.

I like their sense of humour on their web site and in their point of sale material and in their emails. It is quite refreshing !

Does any one know Paul Brislen's postal address so I can send him my old Voda Sim Card ?

davidmmac
15-08-2009, 04:25 PM
^^ :illogical

Moving on, I ordered a 2 degrees sim last week and intend to get a new number (022), I think I heard something about being able to choose your own number? If so I've got a good one in mind ;).

Renmoo
15-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Jee guys, regardless whether it is new or old, smoking hash is bad for health :(

:p

Nomad
15-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I just made my "own account" at their homepage. I chose change my own #, you can just type it in and see if it is available, or choose one from a list displayed. I got a great number now......

You can also pull your old Voda/Telecom number over if you like and get a bonus $5 I think.

I registered my details instead and got a bonus $3 on top of my $5 = $8 :D In otherwords you cannot switch your 021/027/XT over and get $5 and register and get $3. It is one or the other.