PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Word On New Laptop

Jasonmuk
15-08-2009, 03:27 AM
Hello.

I have recently purchased a new Packard Bell laptop from PC World, when i open Microsoft Word it asks for a product key. I have searched the box and there is no key in any of the paperwork, i have tried to use the key on the bottom of the laptop but its not the one, should i have had a key with my laptop or is it just placed on there with the hope i will purchase it..?

Blam
15-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Its a trial...

You could use StarOffice or OpenOffice instead.

Blam

Jasonmuk
15-08-2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks....i'll have a look at them, always used office before but will give them a try..

feersumendjinn
15-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Try this
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101759021033.aspx

Scouse
15-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Check your purchase documents, talk to the supplier.... did you pay for a copy of Word? I have had a couple of friends who recently allowed a local retailer to convince them that OO was better than Word AND was free, which they accepted even though they could certainly afford the cost of Word.

mzee
16-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Yesterday I was working on a double booting XPpro/Vista U, PC and was trying to edit the boot manager (Vista does not have a 'boot.ini'). I downloaded a 'docx' from Microsoft to find out how to do it.
When I tried to read it, I was told to go and spend $100's on Office 2007!!!!
I installed Open Office and it opened the file Ok.! Microsoft are Nuts, encouraging people to look for alternative software to view Microsoft files!
I never use Word for Windows anyway.