PDA

View Full Version : Yanks got self defence sorted.

prefect
14-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Check this out, hope we can change to laws soon to American type gun laws.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/13/business-owner-fires-on-4-robbers-killing-2-police-say/?hp

Cato
14-08-2009, 01:48 PM
The shotgun wasn't licensed. Chances are he will get done for that.
But not shooting and killing the guys.

Have a read of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry

Cicero
14-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Check this out, hope we can change to laws soon to American type gun laws.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/13/business-owner-fires-on-4-robbers-killing-2-police-say/?hp

Always a shame when there are some left,cleanse the the world of scum.

Biggles
14-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Love the poetic reportage:

Nearly two hours after the shooting, the body of a dead man lay on the sidewalk, its upper half covered in white plastic. The man wore gray pants and white shoes. The sneakers pointed up.

They could have just said he was lying on his back. But "the sneakers pointed up" somehow is supposed to sound .... tragic?

Cicero
14-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Love the poetic reportage:

They could have just said he was lying on his back. But "the sneakers pointed up" somehow is supposed to sound .... tragic?

Consider the chap that was pistol whipped,not the direction of the shoes.

ubergeek85
14-08-2009, 02:53 PM
I agree with prefect: if someone wants to try their luck robbing you, then you should be allowed to stop them.

Same reason I carry a knife: if someone starts beating my head in, I will try my best to stop them. Hopefully I don't give them a life-threatening injury, and by no means is carrying a knife or gun the answer, but it's the best I can do.

Bring on Texas law (as I understand it): you have the right to use deadly force to stop someone threatening the life of you, your family, or your property.

sam m
15-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I agree with prefect: if someone wants to try their luck robbing you, then you should be allowed to stop them.

Same reason I carry a knife: if someone starts beating my head in, I will try my best to stop them. Hopefully I don't give them a life-threatening injury, and by no means is carrying a knife or gun the answer, but it's the best I can do.

Bring on Texas law (as I understand it): you have the right to use deadly force to stop someone threatening the life of you, your family, or your property.

You carry a what!!! Surely if you need to carry a knife to protect yourself at the places you go - then go to those places. :groan:

prefect
15-08-2009, 09:02 AM
I dont have a problem with people carrying a small knife. Like guns where you cant use a pistol or machine gun but guns within rules are ok the following provisos:

No unlawful use like stabbing people other than self defence.
Knife not made for killing people like dagger
No modification to knife to make it into a killing knife.
No flick knives
No machetes like used in Otara chopping centre a few years ago.

Cicero
15-08-2009, 09:13 AM
I don't have a problem with people carrying a small knife. Like guns where you cant use a pistol or machine gun but guns within rules are ok the following provisos:

No unlawful use like stabbing people other than self defence.
Knife not made for killing people like dagger
No modification to knife to make it into a killing knife.
No flick knives
No machetes like used in Otara chopping centre a few years ago.

I am afraid you would get some argument from our friend Crocodile Dundee!!

"Now that's a knife"