PDA

View Full Version : They got off lightly.

Trev
14-08-2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10590771
:)

qazwsxokmijn
14-08-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't think they're evil or anything and they certainly don't deserve vilification for their belief.

Though the word stupidity does come to mind....

prefect
14-08-2009, 01:07 PM
They killed a lady with witchcraft.
They should have been jailed for life, just another weak liberal judge soft on the victim.

johcar
14-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Find myself agreeing with prefect here... :illogical :waughh: :eek:

Hard to believe these sorts of superstitions still exist in what is essentially a civilised society...

Trev
14-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Same here.

Cicero
14-08-2009, 02:22 PM
The fact is thet killed,they should have a taste of the same.

Terry Porritt
14-08-2009, 02:28 PM

Hard to believe these sorts of superstitions still exist in what is essentially a civilised society...

You reckon ?

"On 1999-JAN-26, Cardinal Jorge Arturo Medina, prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments, introduced an updated exorcism ritual for the church. "...............

"The Vatican guidelines stress that most behaviors that appear to be caused by demonic possession are actually triggered by psychiatric illness. 5 Monsignor Corrado Balducci, the Vatican's chief exorcist, estimated that only five or six out of every thousand people who seek help from an exorcist are really possessed by evil spirits."

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_exor2.htm

The difference is that this group of sub-normal beings (hardly qualify to be called human) by all standards of behaviour, knowingly killed a woman, tried to claw demons from her eyes and those of 14 year old, etc

Cicero
14-08-2009, 02:46 PM
I put the doolans on a par with your Sub normals Ter.

Certainly wouldn't have liked to be around during the inquisition times.

Scouse
14-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks Terry. All I can say is Holy Crap. I really can't believe that stuff is still out there.... sounds like a script from Monty Python.

roddy_boy
14-08-2009, 03:00 PM

Lol people still believe in christianity too surprisingly enough.

Zippity
14-08-2009, 03:06 PM
If they where white Kiwis they wouldn't have got off so lightly :(

Guess that's what happens when you appoint pink bloused judges.

Long live the ToW :( :(

Cicero
14-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Lol people still believe in christianity too surprisingly enough.

The mass of people need something bigger than themselves to believe in,cant's see that changing.
In addition..........
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-mooney11-2009aug11,0,6581208.story

pctek
14-08-2009, 03:52 PM
If they had been convicted and sentenced properly there would have been a huge fuss cause of the Maoris aspects.

Pity they weren't sentenced in America, then they'd have got a real sentence.

R2x1
14-08-2009, 04:41 PM
The sentence would naturally have been more severe if smacking had been involved,

johcar
14-08-2009, 04:45 PM
From Cicero's link:

The statistics on public scientific illiteracy [in America] are notorious -- and they're at their worst on contentious, politicized issues such as climate change and the teaching of evolution. About 46% of Americans in polls agree with this stunning statement: "God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so."

!!!!!!!!!!!

Cicero
14-08-2009, 06:42 PM
And that is the enlightened world in which we live.

God bless America.

Cato
14-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Damn, this sets precedent for when a Catholic priest rapes a little boy.

I didn’t rape the 9 year old! I was performing an exorcism!

Again PC is to blame. This is another big joke by the NZ Justice system.

rob_on_guitar
14-08-2009, 08:01 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10590771

All of them ****s should be shot. How could that many adults be together and do something that stupid? Shoot them all. ****ing idiots.

R2x1
14-08-2009, 09:08 PM
At the very least they should be prohibited from breeding. Surgically, not a "Tut, Tut. Don't do that"

qazwsxokmijn
14-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Surgically, not a "Tut, Tut. Don't do that"
:lol:

As if anyone would want to keep an eye on them getting intimate. :yuck::yuck::yuck:

prefect
15-08-2009, 09:08 AM
From Cicero's link:

!!!!!!!!!!!

What sort of sicko would believe the earth is only 10,000 years old.

Cicero
15-08-2009, 09:16 AM

Like it said,45% 0f yanks,probably includes the Joe fellow.

Sweep
15-08-2009, 09:44 AM
I can only believe that most people on this forum are, themselves, paragons of virtue and never transgressed the law in any way whatsoever.

Let us all form vigilante groups to deal out swift justice to all who spit on the footpath and thus transitting swine flu or T.B. for example.

Zippity
15-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I can only believe that most people on this forum are, themselves, paragons of virtue and never transgressed the law in any way whatsoever.

Let us all form vigilante groups to deal out swift justice to all who spit on the footpath and thus transitting swine flu or T.B. for example.

Yep.

I haven't killed another human being and got off on the grounds of "culture" :(

Sheesh.................

Sweep
15-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Yep.

I haven't killed another human being and got off on the grounds of "culture" :(

Sheesh.................

It would appear that the people performing the "ceremony" had no idea what they were doing or how to acheive the desired result or even, for that matter what the desired result should be:-

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=103860&fm=psp,tst

These convicted maori are, apparently, having to undergo a course in learning their own "culture" for some reason. I do wonder why in this case. Is it because having learned the proper way to drive out demons after the course they will hopefully not kill another person when they try again.

For that matter, *I* personally have no idea what my "culture" is, or in fact should be. This because my personal culture has changed over more years than I care to remember. The people in New Zealand have changed. We have imported other cultures. The music has changed over time.

The one thing that stands out for me is that human beings are adaptable in thoughts and reasoning skills. Whether we can express our thoughts is a matter of language skills I guess. I was brought up with a Baptist Mother and a Catholic Father. They made the choice to send me to an Anglican Church for which I thank them.

Are you advocating that there should be one "culture" for all such as kill any person that is different to you or has different beliefs to what you hold. Kill a geek or a nerd for example only because you aren't or don't kill a geek or a nerd because you are as the case may be.

Where does school bullying come from?

R2x1
15-08-2009, 12:29 PM
The Poverty Rock Clan are aware that is a fallacy "because it is only 2009 now".
(Unless you use dog years, when it might be close enough for the Lucasites.) ;)

Strommer
15-08-2009, 12:46 PM
If they where white Kiwis they wouldn't have got off so lightly.

Imagine white Kiwis being convicted of killing a Maori woman during an exorcism.
How many of us believe that the court would give the same :groan: result as in this thread's case? :rolleyes:

MANY MANY people in the US of A believe this sort of cr*p. (http://creationmuseum.org/)

Sarah Palin and other fundamental wingnuts in the States would love to take over and :eek: convert the world to their craziness. Right, SJ??

Trev
15-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I think most white New Zealanders ancestry comes from England, so what would happen if we did something based on Celtic/Druids believes and someone died.

prefect
15-08-2009, 02:08 PM
We would get done for manslaughter because we are white Anglo Saxon.
And so we should its the law.

Sweep
15-08-2009, 09:39 PM
We would get done for manslaughter because we are white Anglo Saxon.
And so we should its the law.

Wrong again.

You seem to have a penchant for running over cyclists. A mistake is one thing but doing something on purpose is another.

Not all people in this Forum are white anglo saxon anyway as far as I see it.

Some dogs will bite passing people for no apparent reason but is that any reason to kill all dogs of the same breed?

Clayton Weatherstone appeared to be white and Anglo Saxon but would you tar us all with the same brush?

Just because I am white and of an Anglo decent does this make me the same as he?

I do have to accept the laws of the nation in which I live or go out and change the same.

Did you or do you intend to vote in the recent referendum?

Zippity
15-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Sweep - you are making it personal :(

Sweep
15-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Sweep - you are making it personal :(

Thank you for your well thought out post.

I am not trying to make the argument personal.

However I do believe I have a right to express my opinion however misguided you may feel my opinion is. You do not have to agree with my opinion and I do not have to agree with your opinion either for that matter.

If we go back to your other post I note that you have not yet told me what "culture" is.

Is culture an excuse for example? It may be a mitigating circumstance but did not prevent a conviction. So because the sentence was wrong and some people would go off and say so in a forum those people could be convicted of contempt of court.

Just answer the questions I asked you earlier which you have not done.

Prefect made a statement that is not proved and I attacked the statement and I also based my opinion on words Prefect and others have made in the past.

My post was trying to say that no person here is perfect including me which is why I put it forth.

SolMiester
16-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Damn, this sets precedent for when a Catholic priest rapes a little boy.

Again PC is to blame. This is another big joke by the NZ Justice system.

We don't have a justice system anymore, its a rehabilitation system..with no punishment, deterrent or hope of making a difference

qazwsxokmijn
16-08-2009, 01:20 AM
rehabilitation system..
It doesn't even do what its name implies!!

somebody
16-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Here's an exorcism case where the person responsible was sentenced to jail time: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=383571

prefect
16-08-2009, 09:33 AM
Check this out:
www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10591092
Even a labor MP agrees with popular sentiment and that is truly mega amazing.

Terry Porritt
16-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Check this out:
www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10591092
Even a labor MP agrees with popular sentiment and that is truly mega amazing.

Indeed amazing, I never thought the day would come when I would agree with Trev Mallard.

Cicero
16-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Even an idiot could see that,so no surprise there for me.

Trev
16-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I wonder if the general public can appeal the sentence.

porkster
16-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Like it said,45% 0f yanks,probably includes the Joe fellow.

LOL 45% of those polled, really doesn't mean diddly.