PDA

View Full Version : Adobe service

moex
13-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Not happy with Adobe. Replace my hard drive and clean installed Windows so had to reinstall all other programs. Had an issue with Adobe's CS2 upgrade due to misplaced disk of original Photoshop program. Contact customer support phone number given in program would not work. Posted query with Customer Service, response a week later said that the query had been withdrawn and a new query submitted to another section of the company. Another week later got a number to call. Called and was helped to install the program. Went to use the program, found that it had to be activated again. This was not possible because it had already been activated with the original installation. Back to the phone, 20 minutes delay and then activation sorted, or so I thought. Went to use the program and was refused as it still needed activation. Phone again. After three hours waiting, gave up for the day. A.M. Called again, 20 minutes delay and then a human! Was told I had called the wrong number and was given a number for NZ. Called. Recorded voice said number had been changed. Called new number - it wouldn't work. Searched site for contact number for NZ. Called that number and 4 hours later still on hold! Swear, swear, swear!

mikebartnz
13-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Yes this activation thing just pisses off legitimate users and more reason to use open source software where you can.

inphinity
14-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Another example of why activation hurts genuine users more than those who use pirated copies.

moex
17-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Finally all is well. I started trying to get activation last Thursday week and got through today after holding on the phone for six hours.

zqwerty
17-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Another triumph for efficiency and productivity in the open market of capitalization without regulation.