PDA

View Full Version : Dodge as error message on vista.

xyz823
11-08-2009, 07:46 AM
"The module "scrrun.dll" was loaded but the call to
DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"

A mate at school keeps getting this error on his PC. He said he gets it when he tries to run programs. (Not sure which I'll find out today). Has anyone ever got this error and know what it means.

Cheers

Trev
11-08-2009, 09:24 AM
If he is trying to install Itunes do this.

On your keyboard, hit Windows key and R key together.

Type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" without quote.

Click OK.

If you see the message "DllRegisterServer in C:\WINDOWS\system32\vbscript.dll succeeded," you are ready to go.

Try installing the iTunes again.
:)

linw
11-08-2009, 09:35 AM
Is he running Vista? Seems as if this error occurs when trying to register dll's from a user account that doesn't have high enough privileges. It's a security thing. Have a look here:- http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/register-dlls-elevated-using-the-context-menu/

Speedy Gonzales
11-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Doesnt the school have I.T people or something?? If they do, ask them

Blam
11-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Follow linw's advice.

xyz823
11-08-2009, 08:53 PM
OK i talked to him today and it turns out he is getting an error when running Sony Vegas 8. I didn't write it down, but to fix it he has been told to use the regsvr32 fix. But when he tries it he gets the error message that I stated above. So he is going to try the fix on that link that linw gave. Then try the regsvr32 thing. Thanks for your help guys. Oh yea and the school has an IT technician that pops in and out, and and IT teacher who doesn't really know much lol (Well she knows abit but shes a bad teacher and hates us all). I basically taught myself visual basic when we did it.