PDA

View Full Version : Xtra stuff up

mikebartnz
08-08-2009, 08:11 PM
On Tuesday Xtra made a change to their network which screwed up a friends ability to log on to a web site he uses for business.

Speedy Gonzales
08-08-2009, 08:22 PM
And? Did he ring them

mikebartnz
08-08-2009, 10:19 PM
And? Did he ring them
Yes and that is the amusing thing. The help desk guy manage to totally stuff up their network which I will have to go down and fix and they are going to send him a new ADSL modem. How either of those were going to fix his problem I will never know. He found out later what the problem was and it seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Xtra.

bk T
08-08-2009, 11:03 PM
Yes and that is the amusing thing. The help desk guy manage to totally stuff up their network which I will have to go down and fix and they are going to send him a new ADSL modem. How either of those were going to fix his problem I will never know. He found out later what the problem was and it seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Xtra.

So what exactly did they stuff up? It will be interesting to know the whole story.

mikebartnz
09-08-2009, 04:06 AM
They made some beautiful security enhancement to their network I gather from him.
When I go down to fix their network I will try and ascertain the true story.
I just thought it would be worth mentioning in case some other poor sod had had trouble.
The problem that occurred on Tuesday was that a regular site he logged on to came up that he was forbidden and yet he had been logging on to that site for about four years with no problems and it was only that site and this is why I can't understand the helpdesk guy.

pctek
09-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Why anyone still uses Xtra beats me.

bk T
09-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Why anyone still uses Xtra beats me.

Just switched to Xtra from Xnet 2 weeks ago and found them to be excellent. Much better (in terms of speed and stability) than Xnet. I know Xtra had a bad reputation before (I was with them since broadband came into being in NZ) but they proved to be excellent now. :thumbs:

wainuitech
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
the problem was and it seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Xtra. Nooooooooo - Really :rolleyes: Half the time the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is :p

mikebartnz
09-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Nooooooooo - Really :rolleyes: Half the time the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is :p
:lol: