PDA

View Full Version : OE on a new B/B connection

Poppa John
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi All...Again.

My nextdoor neighbour has just gone from Infogen dialup to Orcon B/B. We have got him connected to the Internet ok & now have to configure his OE to his new name.

I copied all the relevant data & entered new names etc& it wont connect to the net. It keeps asking for the User Name & Password in a box. It will not send & recieve.

Any ideas please. This is quite a common problem innit? PJ

Speedy Gonzales
06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
From the Orcon site

INCOMING MAIL SETTINGS

POP3: pop3.orcon.net.nz or mail.orcon.net.nz port 110 (selected for you by default)

IMAP: imap.orcon.net.nz or mail.orcon.net.nz port 143 (selected for you by default)

OUTGOING MAIL SETTINGS

SMTP: smtp.orcon.net.nz or mail.orcon.net.nz port 25 (or port 587 if you are not on an Orcon Internet connection)

Looks like the username is user@orcon.net.nz

Poppa John
06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Speedy Gonzales;807984]From the Orcon site

INCOMING MAIL SETTINGS

POP3: pop3.orcon.net.nz or mail.orcon.net.nz port 110 (selected for you by default)

IMAP: imap.orcon.net.nz or mail.orcon.net.nz port 143 (selected for you by default)

OUTGOING MAIL SETTINGS

SMTP: smtp.orcon.net.nz or mail.orcon.net.nz port 25 (or port 587 if you are not on an Orcon Internet connection)

Looks like the username is user@orcon.net.nz[/QUO

POP3.orcon etc
SMTP.orcon etc
username is as you put it.

Box keeps coming up asking for username & password. PJ

Sweep
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
[quote=Speedy Gonzales;807984]From the Orcon site

INCOMING MAIL SETTINGS

OUTGOING MAIL SETTINGS

Looks like the username is user@orcon.net.nz[/QUO

POP3.orcon etc
SMTP.orcon etc
username is as you put it.

Box keeps coming up asking for username & password. PJ

The user name is all the stuff before the @ sign.

I know this because I just logged on to my old email account.

Speedy Gonzales
06-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Delete the dialup connection in IE / Tools / options / connections. Or network connections. And recreate it with the Orcon dialup info. Its probably set as the default connection (with Imogen). Which is why its asking for the username / password (from the dialup acct).

Poppa John
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Delete the dialup connection in IE / Tools / options / connections. Or network connections. And recreate it with the Orcon dialup info. Its probably set as the default connection (with Imogen). Which is why its asking for the username / password (from the dialup acct).

Havent looked in hei IE etc but will tomorrow.

I take it you mean Orcon B/B not dialup?

In OE Accounts both ISPs appear & with Orcon as "default" it wont work. With the old account it does.

I have had this problem before but damned if I can remember the cure. PJ

Poppa John
06-08-2009, 09:54 PM

Just had a look in my own IE as above & there is nothing in there. Same as his was.

It seems that his old acct is connecting to the net but the new one is not. PJ

Speedy Gonzales
06-08-2009, 09:58 PM
No since he was on dialup before with Imogen, there must be a dialup connection in network connections for it. You wont have 1 if you dont have a dial up modem and have never been on dialup

Poppa John
06-08-2009, 10:12 PM
No since he was on dialup before with Imogen, there must be a dialup connection in network connections for it. You wont have 1 if you dont have a dial up modem and have never been on dialup

Ok will check it out tomorrow. PJ

Poppa John
09-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi All.
This problem has been resolved. Turned out to be a misspelt password by the helpdesk & our neighbours strong Scottish accent.

Thanks for all the help. PJ

Laura
09-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Hi All.
This problem has been resolved. Turned out to be a misspelt password by the helpdesk & our neighbours strong Scottish accent.

Thanks for all the help. PJ

Well, that's a cutie.
Usually we get people here complaining they can't understand the Helpdesk accents.
Looks like vice versa...