PDA

View Full Version : netscape6

11-07-2001, 01:59 PM
I had installed netscape 6 as a browser on the computer but after a number of crashes and freezing up I had uninstalled it. The problem is now whenever I save anything from the net and then go looking for it I get the following message.'windows cannot find netscape6 EXE this program is needed for opening files of type mozilla GIF image file'
I have made IE5.5 as my default browser I get the same message I also tried making Netscape 4.77 as my default and got the same message despite having uninstalling N6.

11-07-2001, 02:59 PM
Find a file type you are having trouble with and hold down the left shift key while right clicking on that file and you will see a menu option Open With...

Choose the correct programme from the list, click the always use check box and hit ok.
Do this with every affected file type.

12-07-2001, 11:35 PM
the already mentioned soloution will work, but if you still want the updated browser try mozilla, www.mozilla.org, it is the same browser, but netscape6 is based on an unstable version as you have found. The current release 0.9.2 is mush more stable and faster than netscape 6.