PDA

View Full Version : Spybot - where to download the updates from?

bellbird
04-08-2009, 06:59 PM
I've just downloaded Spybot from FileHippo and I can't run it until I've selected where to download the updates from and I don't know which one to select. Could someone help with this, thanks.

wainuitech
04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Dont really need to select any location - I have always let it decide - it seems to pick different locations.

Just hit update and let it do the rest.

zqwerty
04-08-2009, 07:22 PM
MajorGeeks offers the main update each week, here is the latest they have, due for a new update soon:

http://majorgeeks.com/Spybot_Search_and_Destroy_Update_d3957.html

DUNK
05-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Just bear in mind, that you have to be 'online to update. After you click on 'update', it gives you a choice, I choose one of the "safernetworking" sites, after all, they made the program !! :thumbs:

sarel
05-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Agreeing with DUNK, I always pick Safernetworking Server 2 and I've yet to experience a problem - downloading or installing

sarel

pctek
05-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Doesn't matter which.

I do find the SaferNetworking sites more reliable though.

And if you change it to Advanced Mode, choose Scheduler, you can set it to certain times/days to do the update, and the scan automatically now.

Go into Settings and select Immunize on Program start and it takes care of that for you too.

(unless you're on dialup)

bellbird
05-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks all, I selected safernetworking as advised, did the update thing and was then able to run the scan. I'll check out the Advanced Mode too.