PDA

View Full Version : CPU Warning

Hitech
03-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Three days ago i installed a gigabyte motherboard model is m61pme -s2p

all is working well i loaded in the drivers disc that came with it and also noticed there is a program which i installed easy tune 5.
This program lets you look at the health of your pc, i checked the cpu health and it's hovering arond 37 to 39 degrees and the whole system is around 39 degrees and no higher.

Now with the easy tune 5 if i choose to have an alarm warning telling me my cpu is to hot the alarm will go off saying warning warning, Problem is its saying that at 39 degrees for both the cpu and the system i checked my bios and its around 37 to 39 degrees.
Do i ignore the easy tune system warning or do i put in a cooling fan so far no probs have occurred with my pc.

Chilling_Silence
03-08-2009, 04:33 PM
39 is *not* hot for a CPU :D

Mostly mine sit around 40-50 degrees with laptops reaching 62?

Hitech
03-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Thats what i thought to so why do i get that easy tune 5 telling me of a warning ive uninstalled the easytune now any way.

linw
03-08-2009, 05:05 PM
There is a section allowing you to set the warning parameters. See the bottom of this page
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/NewTech/old_motherboard_newtech/Tech_20041125_PX_ET5.htm

FoxyMX
03-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Thats what i thought to so why do i get that easy tune 5 telling me of a warning

Probably because 39 degrees is the default temperature for Easy Tune. You can set it to warn you of whatever temp you want.

If your CPU fan stops working Easy Tune can warn you that the temp has gone through the roof, or maybe shut the PC down to prevent overheating and damage, if it has that feature.

Hitech
03-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I loaded easy tune again and it hates me no matter what temp i set it at the danger warning still sounds.
and also the overclocking and cia mib buttons are greyed out so i can't use those features either.

Not sure why its doing this but it's not playing ball please help.

FoxyMX
03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't worry about it if you aren't planning to overclock, etc and your BIOS temps are not sky high. I never used the program myself and didn't bother reinstalling it after my recent reformat. If you are wanting to monitor temperatures there are other programs you can use.