PDA

View Full Version : AA Pays Out

wratterus
03-08-2009, 11:32 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/motoring/2712845/AA-pays-out-after-it-approved-lemon

Good on them - shouldn't have happened in the first place, and it shouldn't have taken media attention to get it sorted, but at least they payed out without any major drama.

I bought a Nissan Bluebird a while back, from Wellington. Got it AA checked, passed with everything excellent, above average condition for age and mileage.

Went up to welly, got the car, everything was brilliant, took it out onto the motorway, and, as you do with a new car, put the boot into it to see what it was capable of. Lots of clutch slipping was the answer. :(

Got it back to Nelson, the warmer the car got, the worse the clutch got.

Called the AA first thing Monday morning, arranged for me to take the car into the testing station in Nelson. Guy there drove it for 1 minute, said there's no way that's normal and agreed with me that it should have been picked up in the inspection.

After a few emails and phone calls, 2 weeks later I got a brand new clutch installed, I had to pay a wee bit of freight and for some oil, and put a new battery in at the same time. Cost me about $180, mechanic that did the clutch said normally it would have been around $900 all told, those hydraulic clutches are rather more difficult to replace, apparently.

I was stoked with the result, got a free clutch out of it, and definitely have faith in the AA to either let you know what the problems are with a car, or at least if they miss something, you're still safe. :thumbs: Hell, if they are gonna pay for it to be fixed, by all means they can miss more stuff! :lol:

prefect
03-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Most clutches are hydraulic operation so old ladies with arthritis in their legs can disengage the clutch.

Cicero
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Most clutches are hydraulic operation so old ladies with arthritis in their legs can disengage the clutch.

Well I never,often wondered why they put those in!

Trev
03-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Whats a clutch ?
:)

Cicero
03-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Whats a clutch ?
:)

It's what most chaps spend there time looking for.

tingle
03-08-2009, 02:31 PM
;-)Nice cicero!

johcar
03-08-2009, 03:08 PM
;-)Nice cicero!

It would be, but unfortunately Cicero has (I believe) referred to the word which refers to a walking implement, often seen used in conjunction with broken legs...

This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with a similar word whose only vowel is an 'o' instead of a(n) 'u', which I believe is the part of the body to which Cicero refers.

Very common mistake.

/here endeth the grammar lesson

R2x1
03-08-2009, 03:23 PM
With so many Asians in the country, it will become more common too.

johcar
03-08-2009, 04:25 PM
What, the broken legs????

Richard
03-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Does Cicero need a crutch for pussy footing around? :rolleyes:

Cicero
03-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Does Cicero need a crutch for pussy footing around? :rolleyes:

Good to see you having a go at humour Richard,keep practising and you may get there.:rolleyes:

Richard
03-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Cic. I'll keep on trying> :p

Cicero
03-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Cic. I'll keep on trying> :p

God loves a trier.:)

Richard
03-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Thank you God. :thanks

gary67
03-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh so it hasn't progressed to a walking frame yet? :eek:

Poppa John
03-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Oh so it hasn't progressed to a walking frame yet? :eek:

No but I have...bummer. PJ

prefect
03-08-2009, 06:56 PM
With so many Asians in the country, it will become more common too.

Asians driving a manual car in NZ the thought is mortifying
Before I get called a racist bugger I have come to this conclusion observing my chinese wife and her friends.

Cicero
03-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Asians driving a manual car in NZ the thought is mortifying
Before I get called a racist bugger I have come to this conclusion observing my chinese wife and her friends.

In that case,ying tong ying tong yiddle I po.

Richard
04-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Good humour there Cicero. Nearly got it right. Keep trying. :thumbs:

Cicero
04-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Good humour there Cicero. Nearly got it right. Keep trying. :thumbs:

Surely if you say it is good,why would I need to try?

And by the way you are saying the goons are suspect,you must be careful with your words Richard.

I don't know!!!!!!!!