PDA

View Full Version : Upsidedown Land Weather Reoprt: NOT!

SurferJoe46
02-08-2009, 05:28 PM
OUTSIDE MY WINDOW THIS WEEK (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Zba6mXGkeuA/SLHyEkQuzQI/AAAAAAAAAkY/xVT2YBd90XU/s400/100_3659.jpg)

ronyville
02-08-2009, 05:52 PM
That would be 43 degree Celsius which is hot!

SurferJoe46
02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
........................and 8% humidity!

Richard
02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
That's a speed limit indicator isn't it? :thumbs:

SurferJoe46
02-08-2009, 05:59 PM
The electronic digital recording thermometer says it got to 112F yesterday. That's 44.4444444C

lakewoodlady
02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
8 deg c here in Taupo NZ

LL

R2x1
02-08-2009, 08:40 PM
What you are getting, SurferJoe46, is not weather, it is a punishment regimen.

For us in Auckland, 8% humidity is just a normal hourly variation. We seldom get a maximum temerature higher than the minimum by as much as 61 degrees F in a year.
28F is newsworthy winter cold, and 90 F is extreme summer heat. And Auckland humidity is notorious (50% is regarded as arid).
People in Christchurch (for example) have lower humidity, higher maximum temperatures, and much lower minimums. They frequently have admirable personal characteristics to counteract their deplorable climate ;)

SurferJoe46
03-08-2009, 08:38 AM
People in Christchurch (for example) have lower humidity, higher maximum temperatures, and much lower minimums. They frequently have admirable personal characteristics to counteract their deplorable climate ;)

I see (between the lines) what you say as the people of ChCh are dried-out, belligerent fist-fighters and barroom brawlers, less tolerant since they need to look up to people in whom they hold little/no social or metaphysical regard and yet have higher suicide rates than people in - say - Nigeria.

Must be the mild temperate climate - wot?

prefect
03-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Christchurch people are descendant Anglicans from Canterbury England same place that sent dudes off to the crusades. They are still a fiesty lot and if you arent a wasp you are looked on with suspicion. Nothing has changed.
Place is mind blowing cold in winter I wouldn't live there for all the tea in china.
I had to shift from Nelson because I couldn't handle the cold in winter and hayfever in summer. And Nelson aint half as cold as CHCH.

R2x1
03-08-2009, 11:29 AM
I see (between the lines) what you say as the people of ChCh are dried-out, belligerent fist-fighters and barroom brawlers, less tolerant since they need to look up to people in whom they hold little/no social or metaphysical regard and yet have higher suicide rates than people in - say - Nigeria.

Must be the mild temperate climate - wot?
That describes the good citizens of Chch pretty well for someone who hasn't been there yet :D
Be aware that not all of them are so socially elevated, anyone from the West Coast of the South Island about Christchurch and they may not be too polite. Of course, that is a standard view of all the outside world, so it can be tempered a bit, they probably rate Chch'ians about 0.25% better than Wellington denizens, Aucklanders miss out since they are not recognised in the West Coast habitats. ;)

ManUFan
03-08-2009, 01:39 PM
Where's Auckland?

Yes I live on THE West Coast! and it is raining :clap

R2x1
03-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I heard there was a drought for an hour or two this morning? Bit tough to handle that sort of shock to the ecology.