PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Broadband Issues With TelstraClear "Clear.Net"

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 03:26 PM
First Of All The PDQ Disk That Came With The Router Says Their Server Is Down! (It's Been A ****ing Year Now!)

2:) Our Speeds Are Extremly Slow, We Have The Exchange Box Thingy On The Power Poll Right Outside Our House So Thats Not The Problem

http://www.nzdsl.co.nz/

Results Say:

Download Speed: 296kbps (the highest i've seen when downloading something is 35kbps!)

Upload Speed: 134kbps

Please Help!!

Blam
02-08-2009, 04:06 PM
Does your area have ADSL2+?

Maybe the modem is getting old, ask your ISP to replace it.

davidmmac
02-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Have you tried resetting the router?

Chilling_Silence
02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
35KB * 8 (bits in a byte) = 280kb so that's still potentially accurate?

URGENT: Please read here: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urgent

Chilling_Silence
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Long story short, tell your parents to get a faster plan:
http://www.telstraclear.co.nz/residential/homeplan/internet/pdq-broadband/speed-and-usage-plans.cfm

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
The Telstra Clear Disk When I Install Says Ther Servers Down So Disk Wont Work. The Router I'm Using Is The One From ISP "Dynalink RTA1320" I'm Having To Turn The Router On And Off To Connect, Disconnect (for a bloddy year now)

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 04:21 PM
We Don't Have The Need To Get A Better Plan.

Is Their Any Software That Will Speed It Up? I Know That Their Is A 5x Faster One For Kinect Dial up (trust power?) Cos My Mate Has It

Metla
02-08-2009, 04:26 PM
And here we have demonstrated the flaw in self-appointed guru's.

1. Listen to Chill, he rarely gets it wrong
2.There is no software that can speed up the speed of your connection, None. And if you knew anything about how the system works you would understand this.

Chilling_Silence
02-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Is Their Any Software That Will Speed It Up? I Know That Their Is A 5x Faster One For Kinect Dial up (trust power?) Cos My Mate Has It

They just compress images, they're hardly worthwhile if you *arent* on Dial-Up, and not even really then ...

One way to speed up the "feel" of browsing would be to:
1) Install an AdBlocker such as Privoxy
2) Set your DNS servers to OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220
3) Get a faster plan with your ISP -- Thats WHY you're limited to those speeds, you won't get faster.

+1 for Metla's karma ;)

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 05:06 PM
"Metla" Commented "if you knew anything about how the system works you would understand this"

How Dare You "Metla"

I'm Still Learning About Broadband But How Dare You Say I Don't Know How Systems Work!

I've Built Tones Of Computers Some For Myself Some For Other People & None Of Them Have Ever Had A Virus Or Any Issues!! There! In Your Face!

The Main Part About Telstra Clear I Was Getting At Is They Need To Bloddy Hurry Up And Get Their Server Going So I Can Install The Disk That Came With Our Router (The PDQ Disk)

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 05:09 PM
I Never Knew People Were So Rude On These Forums!

I Much Rather Prefer The "Goodies Rule OK!" Forums http://www.goodiesruleok.com/forum.php

stormdragon
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Your name and your posts kinda brought out that sort of reaction.

Chilly's already pointed out to you that your really problem is your speed restricted plan. Any other method is only going to have a minimal effect.

BTW don't try to wind up Melta :thumbs:

Blam
02-08-2009, 05:16 PM
"Metla" Commented "if you knew anything about how the system works you would understand this"

How Dare You "Metla"

I'm Still Learning About Broadband But How Dare You Say I Don't Know How Systems Work!

I've Built Tones Of Computers Some For Myself Some For Other People & None Of Them Have Ever Had A Virus Or Any Issues!! There! In Your Face!

The Main Part About Telstra Clear I Was Getting At Is They Need To Bloddy Hurry Up And Get Their Server Going So I Can Install The Disk That Came With Our Router (The PDQ Disk)

Interesting. With your magical powers every system you build for your self or anyone else is immune from viruses and issues?

But that doesn't prove you're good with computers. It just proves that you can build a computer so well that it won't have any viruses or issues.

Makes perfect sense.

And also, I think you might want to think about your attitude. Maybe if you asked questions nicely and actually listened to what the experts said then you may have learnt something.

Blam

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 05:22 PM
But I Am Good At Computers, I've Been Using Them Since Our First One In 1999.

Thanks, stormdragon & You Have Calmed Me Down. Man I Was So Angry With That Comment Melta Made

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 05:24 PM
And How Can I Not Be Good At Computers? I've Learnt Everthing From My Uncle Who's Very High Up In The Computer World & Knows What He's Doing

Blam
02-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I never said you weren't, I just said that what you said didn't prove anything.

And please try to refrain from being so boastful, it doesn't get you anywhere in life.

13yroldcomputerguru
02-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm Not Trying To Be Boastful, I'm Just Trying To Prove A Point

hueybot3000
02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
But your not proving a point, I could say that I programmed half of windows (not that i would cos i wouldnt want my name anywhere near it) and that would prove about as much as you have

pctek
02-08-2009, 06:29 PM
How Dare You "Metla"

Tones? Tons.
And so what? It's like assembling Meccano.

Skill is demonstrated by troubleshooting skills not doing a few screws up.

And what viruses have to do with it I don't know. That's down to what the owner does, not the person who assembled it.

And what's with the Need To Capitalise Everything?

Chilling_Silence
02-08-2009, 07:33 PM
The problem has nothing to do with the TelstraClear CD, it has to do with the fact you're on a speed-limited plan with your ISP. Change to a faster plan (Which means spend more money) and you'll get faster speeds.

No two ways about it...

whellington
02-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Had the same problem a few months ago. Someone suggested uninstalling NIC drivers in Hardware Manager - it worked!

Blam
02-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Had the same problem a few months ago. Someone suggested uninstalling NIC drivers in Hardware Manager - it worked!

You mean reinstalling?

whellington
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
You mean reinstalling?

Ya if you uninstall it windows will reinstall it on startup

wainuitech
02-08-2009, 09:38 PM
The problem has nothing to do with the TelstraClear CD, it has to do with the fact you're on a speed-limited plan with your ISP. Change to a faster plan (Which means spend more money) and you'll get faster speeds.

No two ways about it... Totally agree with that - See lots of people who got the PDQ - and while its obviously faster than dial up, its no where as fast as the Telstar Cable.

Even Telstra them selves will tell you that.

Metla
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm Not Trying To Be Boastful, I'm Just Trying To Prove A Point

You have managed to prove my point, But then I knew you would.

mikebartnz
03-08-2009, 11:05 PM
I Never Knew People Were So Rude On These Forums!

I Much Rather Prefer The "Goodies Rule OK!" Forums http://www.goodiesruleok.com/forum.php
Well with your attitude you are welcome to go there.
Cut the CAPS. You don't need the disk.

whoselineisitanyway
04-08-2009, 05:52 PM
ive neva had a problem With telstra clear

13yroldcomputerguru
23-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Problem Sorted, Topic Closed

Chilling_Silence
23-08-2009, 07:06 PM
It's generally considered good etiquette if you've solved something, to post back on the forums and let others know how you solved it, that the world might benefit from the knowledge :)

13yroldcomputerguru
23-08-2009, 07:10 PM
what do you mean? i dont understand, are you angry? im not, ive changed im a lot better person on these forums

the_bogan
23-08-2009, 07:12 PM
No, how did you solve it?

13yroldcomputerguru
23-08-2009, 07:18 PM
Well I Found This Thing Called TCP Optimizer Which Makes The Router & Internet Work To The Best Ability It Possibly Can, i was down in port chalmers today at a friends and they have the same pdq 10gb plan as us and i downloaded it for them (before i had heard of it) and set all the optimal settings in it and they were getting 300kbps+ download speeds

robbyp
23-08-2009, 07:20 PM
The youth today... That is all I can say after reading this post. What ever happened to repect for your elders. That fact that the subject had 'URGENT' in it, like it demanded an immediate answer. The fact is that this is a public forum and people on the forum are here to offer help in good faith, and they offer that free of charge.

13yroldcomputerguru
23-08-2009, 07:24 PM
"The youth today... That is all I can say after reading this post. What ever happened to repect for your elders. That fact that the subject had 'URGENT' in it, like it demanded an immediate answer. The fact is that this is a public forum and people on the forum are here to offer help in good faith, and they offer that free of charge."

what do u mean?

i dont listen to new music rap etc. im not like other people.

i listen to 50s and 60s music and watch benny hill, the goodies, fawlty towers, monty python, the two ronnies etc.

i also have a disorder called "Seperation anxiety disorder"

hueybot3000
23-08-2009, 07:38 PM
dude...shut up before you embarass yourself anymore. my advice to you is create a new account under a completely different name and start again

13yroldcomputerguru
23-08-2009, 07:47 PM
kk

tut
23-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Did I miss it or do they spell 'thank you' a different way these days?

Sweep
23-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Well I Found This Thing Called TCP Optimizer Which Makes The Router & Internet Work To The Best Ability It Possibly Can, i was down in port chalmers today at a friends and they have the same pdq 10gb plan as us and i downloaded it for them (before i had heard of it) and set all the optimal settings in it and they were getting 300kbps+ download speeds

I fail to know how you have downloaded something before you have heard of it.

Perhaps I should go to google or otherwise and type in "Fix all problems"

hueybot3000
23-08-2009, 07:59 PM
should we leave him alone now? hes just a kid, probaly his first forum. i know i was a little **** on my first forum membership

gary67
23-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah come on guys time to give him a break I think he should be let off now, my I've asked some dumb questions on forums in the past

GameJunkie
23-08-2009, 08:40 PM
surley if this problem has been going on for a year, some productive action would have been taken earlier.

im most people wouldnt let it go for that long, maybe sorting help from their uncle who is as you say high up in the computer world.

tut
23-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Dumb questions are acceptable,arrogance is not.

But yeh, maybe he has learnt something.Time to give him a break.

Hitech
24-08-2009, 11:05 AM
You sound like a 13 year old boy in 60 year olds pjs you wine ***** and moan if you don't get your own way. Take some puberty pills grow some balls and act like a man not like a spoilt little kid.
Don't start on metla otherwise you will wind up with this thread wrapped around you so respect the older guys on here and shut up and listen, If you can't manage that then you need help. My two cents.

PCT Joe
24-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Sorry for the double post.

PCT Joe
24-08-2009, 11:20 AM
-Will edit soon-

B.M.
24-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay, Tim's been reborn. :groan:

PCT Joe
24-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Ok, Now ive read it all, Maybe we should stop posting on this topic. its only encouraging him like ZapperBoy10647.

If all goes well he's learn't his lesson and will now display some better forum etiquette

Zippity
24-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Obviously they don't teach them at school these days NOT to CAPITALISE the first letter of every word - sheesh! :( :(

pctek
24-08-2009, 11:57 AM
"

My neighbour has another term for boys with that condition.
He calls it "Still on the Tit."

PCT Joe
24-08-2009, 12:06 PM

This just seems like a psychologists terminology for "Your a nerd who cant be away from his computer for more than 8 hours; get the f**k off your computer!"

~As an afterthought... does this actually make sense?

Jester
24-08-2009, 01:16 PM
My neighbour has another term for boys with that condition.
He calls it "Still on the Tit."

Hahahaha, I was thinking exactly the same thing reading this. :thumbs:

Trev
24-08-2009, 01:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_anxiety_disorder
:)

hueybot3000
24-08-2009, 04:37 PM
My two cents.

Sounds more like your $10 :p

GameJunkie
24-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds more like your $10 :p

can i have fries with that :p

Jen
24-08-2009, 07:08 PM
That is enough.

Some of you like to score points off kids, even when they admit to having personal issues to deal with. You don't have to post what you may be thinking. Try to remember that in future.

You accuse them of acting immaturely but some adult members here are no better.

Thread closed.