PDA

View Full Version : Change of ISP

Richard
02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Our local ISP is IGRIN (originally 'The Internet Group in Northland' a part of Ihug.) The local proprietors have sold to Orcon, who take over at the beginning of September. We will be offered the chance to sign on with Orcon, or change to someone else altogether. My option would be Slingshot, who handle all our phone calls.

I would be grateful for any info you have on these providers, experiences good and bad, and perceived reliability. :thanks

gary67
02-08-2009, 12:22 PM
We started with Ihug and carried on with them when Vodafone took over, service has been fine no dropouts for a long time now, speeds are the same as what others are getting from what they say on other threads, I just try and not call customer services and in fact haven't needed to

CYaBro
02-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Yea my mum told me about this on Friday.
I have told them to stay with Orcon as they are one of the better ISPs at the moment.
I would never deal with Slingshot, heard bad things about them plus they keep ringing us and trying to get us to switch to them, even though I have repeatedly told them f... off :blush::mad:

Chilling_Silence
02-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Im with CYaBro, Orcon are definitely one of the better ISP's at the moment. Their helpdesk people arent always terribly clued up, but their network / service / speeds are what *really* counts and they're the BEST! :D

pctek
02-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Slingshotkeep ringing us and trying to get us to switch to them, even though I have repeatedly told them f... off :blush::mad:

They rang us 4 times. Then I rang back and got a manager and told him they would be the last company I'd swap to due to being hounded by desperate telemarketers.

The calls stopped.

Trev
02-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Actrix are one of the best ISPs in NZ according to Consumer Mag.
:)