PDA

View Full Version : Webpage email links fail

Lonegunmen
01-08-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm using that biggest lemon of all - Vista:ban. It came with my laptop.

Anyway, when online, and I click on a link, within a webpage, that is an e-mail (mailto)type link, instead of openning up my default e-mail programme - Incredimail, it instead, opens up aboput 30 webpages that are blank.

Then I get a message that my e-mail software has not been fully set up. This is interesting as I have been happily e-mailing away for the last 6 weeks. Sending and receiving without any problems. It is only when I click on a "contact" link within a webpage. :badpc:

Your solutions please....:help:

Blam
02-08-2009, 12:01 AM
In Control Panel open Default programs.

Then make sure Incredimail has all the defaults

Blam

mikebartnz
02-08-2009, 03:54 AM
I'm using that biggest lemon of all - Vista:ban. It came with my laptop.

Anyway, when online, and I click on a link, within a webpage, that is an e-mail (mailto)type link, instead of openning up my default e-mail programme - Incredimail, it instead, opens up aboput 30 webpages that are blank.

Then I get a message that my e-mail software has not been fully set up. This is interesting as I have been happily e-mailing away for the last 6 weeks. Sending and receiving without any problems. It is only when I click on a "contact" link within a webpage. :badpc:

Your solutions please....:help:
Well to be honest if you are using Incredimail you deserve to die a slow death for a start. But I would say an update from MS has rearanged your default email program,

Lonegunmen
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
In Control Panel open Default programs.

Then make sure Incredimail has all the defaults

Blam

I checked that, would "mapimail" be part of that too to set as a default program for?

Lonegunmen
06-08-2009, 03:54 PM
I've solved it. I installed windows "live" Mail and then went back into defaults and changed my default to incredimail - which I use as it has a brilliant way of saving your e-mails to transfer to another computer, much easier than the Microsucks way for backing up. and addresses too.