PDA

View Full Version : Asus Router

oATAo
31-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Just bought an asus all in one ADSL2+ router/modem.

I have managed to set up all the PPPOA and everything, but its still not working.

On the diagnostics page everything is PASS except:
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL

Test ATM OAM F5 end to eng ping however is fine.

How do I fix it?

Thanks

pctek
31-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Pass:
Indicates that the DSL modem can communicate with the DSL provider network.
Fail:
Indicates that the DSL modem may not be able to communicate with the DSL provider network. Occasionally the DSL provider network may intentionally block this traffic. Therefore if this test fails but you are still able to access the Internet, there is no need to troubleshoot this issue.

If the test fails, follow the troubleshooting procedures listed below and rerun the diagnostics tests by clicking on the Rerun Diagnostic Tests button at the bottom of this page. If all the tests pass, close and restart your Web browser to access the Internet.

Troubleshooting:

NOTE: This test will fail if Test ADSL Synchronization also fails. Troubleshoot the Test ADSL Synchronization test first.

Turn off the DSL modem, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on.

With the modem on, press the external reset button on the DSL modem for at least five seconds and release it. This resets the DSL modem to its default settings. Wait for the DSL modem to completely restart, then close and restart your Web browser. To reconfigure the modem, type your DSL Account username and password.

Basically ring your ISP.

wainuitech
31-07-2009, 08:14 PM
While this wont fix your problem - I had similar a few weeks back.

Its an Asus WL-600G All the settings look correct, yet it wont connect.

Tried a different router, same settings and worked first time.

The Asus is on " will get around to fixing " Plan.

oATAo
31-07-2009, 08:50 PM
crap. so no way I can fix it?:(

wainuitech
31-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Wouldn't say that - Personally I just have not had time to look at whats wrong. I was setting it up at a customers business, when I discovered it didn't want to "play by the rules"

Not having ADSL here makes it awkward as well - I have Telstra Cable.

sonar
01-08-2009, 12:10 PM
HI what model have you got?

If its a WL600G then it may be a firmware problem where it cant autosign DNS. I believe you can fix this by manually setting it up.

This problem only happens with some ISP though...

but if all else fails RMA it.

oATAo
02-08-2009, 12:54 AM
I update to latest firmware now, and it is better, I can get on internet, but I need to manually set dns server on each pc on network

This is very annoying, and after searching on google it seems it is a common problem.

Anybody know of a fix?

apsattv
02-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Which isp mine works fine? on Ihug/Vodaphone

Set VPI 0 and VCI to 100