PDA

View Full Version : KSOD Problems.....

terr994
31-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi....I have a Toshiba Laptop that recently got the KSOD!!! I have been reading about what to do but....I do not have a recovery disk or vista media(assumung it is the same thing?) I downloaded a couple boot disks from the internet and put them on disk but after booting from disk, it has the progress bar loading files, goes through it all then KSOD again. I am going a lil crazy here trying to get rid of this KSOD but cant even get close to trying it!! OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. I am pretty sure it is x64 with sp2.......but not %100 sure. And don't know how to check with my laptop in the state it is in. Any helpers is greatly appreciated.

pctek
31-07-2009, 04:11 PM
KSOD?

BSOD?

Whats the error exactly?

nofam
31-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi....I have a Toshiba Laptop that recently got the KSOD!!! I have been reading about what to do but....I do not have a recovery disk or vista media(assumung it is the same thing?) I downloaded a couple boot disks from the internet and put them on disk but after booting from disk, it has the progress bar loading files, goes through it all then KSOD again. I am going a lil crazy here trying to get rid of this KSOD but cant even get close to trying it!! OS is Windows Vista Home Premium. I am pretty sure it is x64 with sp2.......but not %100 sure. And don't know how to check with my laptop in the state it is in. Any helpers is greatly appreciated.

Kipper
Smell
Of
Doom

???

terr994
31-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Black screen of death?? lol... no error message at all just a black screen with cursor.

Blam
31-07-2009, 07:03 PM
If it does the KSOD to even boot disks then I would suspect that it is a hardware problem.

Try downloading the 64 bit version of the recovery disc:
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Use something such as Utorrent to down the image file. Then using something such as image burn burn the iso file to a CD/DVD.

Boot from it, and see if you can get to startup repair. Run it, and if it doesn't fix it try system restore

Blam

pctek
31-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Boot from it, and see if you can get to startup repair.

Blam

Vistas repair doesn't work.

oATAo
31-07-2009, 08:51 PM
Vistas repair doesn't work.

Yes it does. You'd be suprised.

Startup repair is essentially lots of cmd scripts made into a nice GUI.

terr994
31-07-2009, 09:47 PM
will try the 64 and the 32. would it say in the setup somewhere which one I have? for that is the only thing I can get to on this laptop, that and f8, system restore and nothing else will work.

terr994
01-08-2009, 05:28 AM
tried them and no go......darn!!!

Blam
01-08-2009, 09:39 AM
What happened? Any errors?