PDA

View Full Version : XP Media-Centre Sens Vs XP Home

Dist
30-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey all,

Ok basically I have XP Media Centre Edition and I find that the mouse sensitivity is different to that on XP Home.

I play a lot of games and when I try switch from my system (MCE) to another which is XP Home I find the sens is quite different (this is with the extact same mouse and settings) which effects the fps games I play.

I was wondering if anyone knew the sensitivity difference between the two so I could convert my sensitivity when on XP Home systems to that in which I have on my own PC.

Thanks heaps!

Blam
30-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Control Panel>Mouse>Pointer Options>Speed

Blam

Dist
30-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah I get that but I need to know the exact difference between the two.

For example:
My sensitivity in a game called Counter-Strike Source is 2.5, and when I go to a XP Home Ed system it is quite different.

I need to know a ration or difference between the two so I can calculate my sens. Eg: 0.7x faster. (I think XP Home sens is a bit slower but only by a small bit)

Thanks

Blam
30-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Just set both to the same sensitivity?

Or, in most games you can set a specific mouse sensitivity level

wainuitech
30-07-2009, 11:32 PM
You may find the Media Centre Edition has a different sensitivity because as a Media Centre option the mouse may be on a Larger screen like a TV, hence moves faster / More.

To get the same speed, it may be a case of trial and error to find the same speed on different settings.

I know on My XP Media Centre, when I reinstalled it a few months back I had to increase the speed quite a lot for the TV, compared to the 17" LCD in the workshop. (the TV also acts as a large monitor)