PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Gives Up Search: Forms Deal With Microsoft

kahawai chaser
30-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Guess it was coming - Microsoft's Bing Search is to power up/handle Yahoo's search engine, implementing a revenue and advertising scheme. Details at Search Engine Land (http://searchengineland.com/its-finally-official-microsoft-yahoo-make-a-deal-yahoo-gives-up-on-search-23197)...

wratterus
30-07-2009, 04:07 PM
It's not April 1st? No, no it's not.

Well, what percentage of the market would Bing have now? 25 or 30%?

Just checked on Yahoo's site, and it's all legit. Apparently MS would have around 28% of the search engine market now...still pretty pathetic since they've cheated to get most of it... :p

kahawai chaser
30-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Actually never thought of April's fool day; Maybe Yahoo would wish for that...

Digby
30-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I thought Bing had about 7% and Yahoo 30% and Google the rest.
I still think they will struggle to catch Google up. Unless they do a deal with Firefox.
I think that idea of doing a deal with Firefox is worth billions of dollars, now my consultancy fee should be about 10% of that.....
How much is a trip to California ? Can I stay with you SurferJoe ?

R2x1
30-07-2009, 07:20 PM
If M$ gets tied up with Firefox, and you claim to be the instigator, you will need to be doing a lot of traveling - day and night ;)

mikebartnz
31-07-2009, 07:29 PM
If M$ gets tied up with Firefox, and you claim to be the instigator, you will need to be doing a lot of traveling - day and night ;)
Yes he won't be safe anywhere.
0+0 still equals 0 so while they may have increased their share of the search engine (decision) market they still don't have a Google beater.

R2x1
31-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Oh no - on the contrary, a search on Bling will reveal that it is the best search engine ever.
(And Tui agrees.)

Yahoo and M$ - - - oh how they deserve each other. An evil thought indeed - revenge is sweet.