PDA

View Full Version : Got my 70-290 exam today and...

chiefnz
30-07-2009, 09:03 AM
I'm freaking out!!!

Doing the MCSE through Skillport and I've completed the course material. I'm scoring 90%+ on the test prep exams consistently but I also have a MS 70-290 training kit book with test questions... I haven't passed any of those tests and now I'm worried.

I spoke to a mentor from Skillport who says that as long as I complete the course material, understand the concepts and can score 90% regularly I should be fine... I on the other hand am not that convinced...

Some of the questions from the MS training kit seem like they're written in greek...

Any advice on how to ease my mind or should I be worried!

Thanks,

somebody
30-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Good luck. You'll do fine.

Blam
30-07-2009, 09:36 AM
You'll get through it. Once you're done you'll laugh at why you worried so much:p

Never done something like this before, but what OS if this MCSE on?

I have 2 think books at home, both MCSA/MCSE, one for Server 03 and one for XP.

How do you do the exams?

R2x1
30-07-2009, 09:44 AM
For NCEA you can get credits for picking up rubbish.
For the M$ test you get to sort the rubbish ;)

Barnabas
30-07-2009, 09:54 AM
you'll be fine chief, this one isnt so hard....its 291 thats a pain in the a$$. Couple of tips from when I did mine....There's just about always 1 answer that is obviously wrong so eliminate that first. If you dont know the answer just mark it and come back to it, sometimes other questions can spark something in the old brain that helps you come up with the answer.

Also, have a look here http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/thread10454.html and the forum in general. Its a great site in general as well for certs.

Good luck

B.

chiefnz
30-07-2009, 09:55 AM
You'll get through it. Once you're done you'll laugh at why you worried so much:p

Never done something like this before, but what OS if this MCSE on?

I have 2 think books at home, both MCSA/MCSE, one for Server 03 and one for XP.

How do you do the exams?

OS is Server 2003

Exams are done through Prometric testing, you can book these via the Prometric site which lists all accredited testing centre. I believe the test is on-line through a wev application.

Cheers,

pctek
30-07-2009, 12:41 PM
I spoke to a mentor from Skillport who says that as long as I complete the course material, understand the concepts and can score 90% regularly I should be fine... I on the other hand am not that convinced...

Some of the questions from the MS training kit seem like they're written in greek...

The mentor is right.
You either know the material or you don't.

The questions are in fact written in geek.:D

Chilling_Silence
30-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Haha :) They're not *too* hard, I'm sure you'll do well :)
AFAIK you get 1 free re-sit also if you DO happen to fail :-/

Just relax, you have a TON of time to sit them and you can always go back over and review your questions. End of the day, its either a pass mark or a fail mark, so if you get 55% or 99%, you still pass ;)

SolMiester
30-07-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm freaking out!!!

Doing the MCSE through Skillport and I've completed the course material. I'm scoring 90%+ on the test prep exams consistently but I also have a MS 70-290 training kit book with test questions... I haven't passed any of those tests and now I'm worried.

Any advice on how to ease my mind or should I be worried!

Thanks,

Meh, MS purposely try to confuse on their question to ensure you understand the question, so just take your time, read the question twice, or 3 times if you must, they do try to catch you out....I kust dont bother with their exams anymore...

chiefnz
30-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Woohoo!!

Well I walked away with a pass. It appears I was being a bit too fatalistic. The questions weren't too bad and as previously posted re-reading the questions does go a long way in helping to answer.

I'm stoked that I got through it... only 6 more to go!

:punk:punk:punk

somebody
30-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Woohoo!!

Well I walked away with a pass. It appears I was being a bit too fatalistic. The questions weren't too bad and as previously posted re-reading the questions does go a long way in helping to answer.

I'm stoked that I got through it... only 6 more to go!

:punk:punk:punk

Well done!

chiefnz
30-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks, will be having a few days off then back to the books again.