PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter and the mysterious plot

Thomas01
29-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Well we went to see the latest just released film. And were disappointed.
There were only about six others in the cinema which should have been a warning.
Now lets be honest - we have seen and enjoyed the previous films and unlike most critics found the first one the best.

But yesterday we were lost. My wife even fell asleep during the performance.
It seemed a mess - lots of weird noisy things happening for no particular reason - a lot of it well done but a team of 50 motorcyclists crossing the Sahara in formation could have been well done and added to the film without affecting it.

Now I am trying to work out what the heck it was all about - what was the plot - I must read the book (again) to see if it makes any sense.

Nice to see all the young stars growing up though.

wratterus
29-07-2009, 09:55 AM
IMO the whole lot is utter bullshit, there are fictional movies, then there is this rubbish. Not suitable for kids cause of all the mystical magical devilish rubbish, and also there's the fact that the main actor posed naked with a horse...surely that can't be good. :lol:

:2cents:

vims213
29-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Well the director can't fit everything in the book into the movie. Then the movie would have be 4 hours long!!

What I hated about the movie was the relationships. Funny but annoying. Should have cut most of the love scenes and put more of Voldemorts past. Its worth watching this movie at cinemas though.

Definetly better than Transformers 2! I was extremely disappointed with that movie. I probably go see another typical Michael Bay film full of plot holes, crap acting and the crap script. Its just a movie with EXPLOSIONS!!

the_bogan
29-07-2009, 12:14 PM
I strongly recommend people stay at hope wish a case of beer and read Barry Trotter and the Shameless Parody.

beeswax34
29-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Transformers 2 was awesome! No plot but I dont think any of us went to see if for the plot.

Harry Potter #6 can best be summed as such: Hogwarts + Twilight + Emo

ronyville
29-07-2009, 01:14 PM
No plot but I dont think any of us went to see if for the plot.

when megan fox is on the screen, plot doesnt really matter :p :lol:

vims213
29-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Robot testicles, Robot humping Megan Fox, Those two wannabe gangster twin robots and robot heaven ruined the movie completely.

At least Transformers #1 had a bit of a plot.

johcar
29-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I was also disappointed with Harry Potter - there was no flow, too much 'snogging' and unless you had read the book, you would be lost. The ending was weaker than a wet paper bag full of sinkers.

Gobe1
29-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah i like a bit of plot also with good sci-fi or fantasy. I was going to go and see HP6 but i think i will wait now..

nofam
29-07-2009, 01:50 PM
IMO the whole lot is utter bullshit, there are fictional movies, then there is this rubbish. Not suitable for kids cause of all the mystical magical devilish rubbish, and also there's the fact that the main actor posed naked with a horse...surely that can't be good. :lol:

Yeah, I can imagine them being rather scary for younger kids; are they rated PG?

kenj
29-07-2009, 01:58 PM
and also there's the fact that the main actor posed naked with a horse...surely that can't be good. :lol:

Was he standing on a chair?

Ken :confused:

Ninjabear
29-07-2009, 03:17 PM
My friend said to me that all the actions in the movie were all shown in the trailer. haha laughed so hard. He was a bit right. I found the movie disappointing

hueybot3000
29-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Made no sense to me, im not a fan though. And havent read the books. I spent a large portion of it judging those around me who were enjoyin it

R2x1
29-07-2009, 10:43 PM
As a viewing experience, I found it identical to the others in the set.

Presumably I saved a bit more by avoiding this one with the inexorable rise in prices. I expect I missed more queue hassles with the earlier versions, so it is a balanced series.

I look forward to missing any others in the set too.