PDA

View Full Version : Cordless phones

notechyet
27-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Hello to you all
Can anyone of you recommend a cordless phone unit with two hand pieces and both with charging bases? Is there anything like that on the market?
Thanks

Misty
27-07-2009, 06:36 AM
Hi Notechyet
If I understand you then there certainly is. We have a Uniden combination with handset 1 and handset 2. Both charging basis. Am pretty sure there are other brands around similar. I presume you are talking about landline.

Have you no local Dick Smith's store or Harvey Norman store etc near you ?
Misty :)

gary67
27-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Plenty around the Uniden as Misty said, we have a Panasonic one and there are others

notechyet
27-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks guys.
I am intend to use the cordless phone for our new 2talk line with the Grandstream HandyTone 486.

notechyet
27-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Hi Notechyet
If I understand you then there certainly is. We have a Uniden combination with handset 1 and handset 2. Both charging basis. Am pretty sure there are other brands around similar. I presume you are talking about landline.

Have you no local Dick Smith's store or Harvey Norman store etc near you ?
Hi Misty
Thanks
* "we", do you work for one or the other of them?
* Yest we have here both shops and I will look into it asap.

lakewoodlady
27-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Don't get a 2 GHZ set though, because the frequency messes up your wireless router (I think) if you have one.

Cheers LL

CYaBro
27-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Get the Uniden 5.8Ghz phones.
We have a two line unit here at work that we use to connect to our two VFX lines.
We have four handsets configured to the base station.
Can transfer calls between handsets etc.

notechyet
27-07-2009, 11:24 AM
lakewoodlady and CYaBro
Thank you.
Good advice.
I'm just looking now as to what I want to buy.

Myth
27-07-2009, 11:56 AM
+1 for the Uniden

We have one with the 2 handsets/bases as well.
Excellent reception inside as well as outside at both ends of the section (just your average house section)

Grampsey
27-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Don't get a 2 GHZ set though, because the frequency messes up your wireless router (I think) if you have one.

Cheers LL

Ah --- is that why my Uniden 1.8 GHz is rubbish reception ??? Perhaps I should go to 5.8 GHZ --- Uniden Or Panasonic ??? any suggestions, G.

Misty
27-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi Misty
Thanks
* "we", do you work for one or the other of them?
* Yest we have here both shops and I will look into it asap.
Hi notechyet
No, I don't work for either. Am an expert in the Mental Health Act (seriously) ..... so if you have a problem in that regard am only too happy to help :D

Myth
27-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi notechyet
No, I don't work for either. Am an expert in the Mental Health Act (seriously) ..... so if you have a problem in that regard am only too happy to help :D
Misty :)Well... I guess you've found the perfect forum of nutters then :rolleyes:

You could point a few students this way to do their thesis :lol:

notechyet
27-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi notechyet
Misty
I hope I never have to get into that subject to heavily and hope for everyone who is affected they get over, or improve.
Obviously you have a slight technical vein.:badpc:

Misty
27-07-2009, 07:17 PM
MistyObviously you have a slight technical vein.:badpc:
Hopefully - but I haven't tapped into it fully yet ! :D
Misty

Chilling_Silence
27-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Goto DSE.co.nz and search for F7739
1.8Ghz so won't interfere with any Wireless LAN signals ;)

beeswax34
27-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Ah --- is that why my Uniden 1.8 GHz is rubbish reception ??? Perhaps I should go to 5.8 GHZ --- Uniden Or Panasonic ??? any suggestions, G.

2.4 GHz is the frequency that your router runs on and thats a ways away from 1.8 GHz so its probably your phone that is the problem.

notechyet
28-07-2009, 07:04 AM
Voicemail
Would it still be advisable to have a digital answer phone with services like 2talk, or is the 2talk voicemail adequate?

Chilling_Silence
28-07-2009, 08:21 AM
2talk Voicemail hands-down beats any other Voicemail machine on the market, purely for the fact you can have voicemail-to-email ;)

notechyet
28-07-2009, 09:08 AM
2talk Voicemail hands-down beats any other Voicemail machine on the market, purely for the fact you can have voicemail-to-email ;)

Thanks for that,Chill:clap
The 2talk "project" is getting there.

notechyet
06-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Chill
I just like to place an update here re the 2talk.
Thanks for your support on this some months ago:clap. I have done more or less what you suggested and I'm very happy with the call quality so far.
So now I'm learning about all the possibilities available.
Regards
NT

Chilling_Silence
06-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Excellent to hear :)

If your ATA supports it, try using the iLBC codec, it uses significantly less bandwidth with almost no noticeable drop in quality, not to mention it handles packet loss a lot more gracefully so calls don't sound quite so bad when your connection gets "full"..

What's on the to-do list now? :D

notechyet
06-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Excellent to hear :)

If your ATA supports it, try using the iLBC codec, it uses significantly less bandwidth with almost no noticeable drop in quality, not to mention it handles packet loss a lot more gracefully so calls don't sound quite so bad when your connection gets "full"..

What's on the to-do list now? :D
Chill
Do you mean under(Grandstream Handytone) advanced-preferred vocoder-choice1-iLBC
Is that the one?

Under what next is:
Firstly skiing!!
... and then....

Chilling_Silence
06-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Yup thats the one, if Choice 1 is iLBC, thats "ideal" :)

"...the same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world!"