PDA

View Full Version : PowerPoint 2007 restarts

bk T
27-07-2009, 12:33 AM
When I close Powerpoint, a window pops up saying something like its gathering information and then it restarts by itself. It repeats every time I close the application. In order to shut it down, I got to click the X or cancel button, it then closes completely.

What's happening?

bk T
27-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Just made a google search and found that it probably has something to do with the Add-ins. Checked and found that under the Active Application Add-ins, an item called Send to Bluetooth, and this item loads at startup. Loaction pointing to: c:\Windows\system32\btsendto_office.dll. Apparently, I can't un-tick this item nor remove it, it says that "the connected state of Office Add-ins registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed.

bk T
27-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Has anyone here got a clue?

Blam
27-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Try running the diagnostics by clicking the MS Office button on the left hand corner>resources section>"Run MS diagnostics"

Also, to find out if the problem may be related to an addon start it in safe mode.

Run>powerpnt.exe /safe

Blam

bk T
27-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Try running the diagnostics by clicking the MS Office button on the left hand corner>resources section>"Run MS diagnostics"

Also, to find out if the problem may be related to an addon start it in safe mode.

Run>powerpnt.exe /safe

Blam
Did the diagnostics last late last night, didn't help.

May try to edit the registry later this afternoon.