PDA

View Full Version : Getting Help from Microsoft

kirkmc
26-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Is there an email address for this?

I've got one of those 'Please tell Microsoft about this problem.' situations
and would like to follow through with it. (Win XP)

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Send it from whatever is saying it.Probably be easier joining an MS newsgroup. What prob are you having exactly?

Blam
26-07-2009, 06:47 PM
They wile never reply or care.

Go on their Technet forums. Or just ask here..

wainuitech
26-07-2009, 07:36 PM
When those messages get sent to MS, There is an auto Reply sometimes.

Depending on if the correct answer to the problem is found in the data base, you may or may not get a reply. More often than not you wont.

If you do get a reply - you may get links to a page in MS that has possible answers to the problem.
MS is trying to Kill XP - I as reading the other day there wont be any more development work on XP - only security updates.

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2009, 07:41 PM
And speaking of updates, there's 2 coming on wednesday - out of band updates for most versions of windows, which are critical

It'd be better if you post your prob here, it'll probably be faster than expecting MS to tell you whats causing it

kirkmc
27-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi Folks,
Thanks for the replies and suggestions. The problem is 'SendToMailRecipient' where the mail programme is Thunderbird. The 'sent' files do arrive OK and Thunderbird works perfectly, but Explorer immediately crashes everytime. This is documented on some Forums but none of the fixes work for me.
Thanks for any ideas and I will send the error msg to MS just in case ! I'm a bit wary of MS updates as I've heard about the Office Genuine virus and who knows what else they do.

Speedy Gonzales
27-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Never heard of the Office genuine virus. Well keeping up to date is better than not updating at all. Send mozilla an email, since its their program causing it

It maybe a faulty / corrupt file/addon thats crashing explorer. If it crashes with anything else. Post a HJT log

pctek
27-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Those messages are there to make you feel like they pay attention.
They don't.
You're better off here or another tech forum.

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/techfiles/explorer-crashes.html
Take a look at this help:

ANd particularly the part about malware - follow Speedys advice and post a Hijackthis log here.