PDA

View Full Version : Compaq presario v3000

whellington
26-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Im having problems with my Compaq presario v3000 notebook.
*It doesn't turn on without the AC power charger.
*It takes a few tries to turn on successfully (when it doesnt turn on i can hear the fans, and blue led on the power and volume button emits but the screen doesn't turn on)
*The wireless connection doesn't work
*Wireless devices aren't detected

I've tried the following:
*Update BIOS on HP support page
*Reinstall HP wireless assistant
*Reinstall network adapters

My friend suggested removing the battery but i think it will void the warranty.

Can someone please help me?

Blam
26-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Removing the battery voiding the warranty!?

Rubbish.

Remove the battery and the charger, wait for 2 hours then turn it back on.

Blam

whellington
26-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Ok hope it works, warranty is passed anyways :(

Speedy Gonzales
26-07-2009, 06:19 PM
If you did update the BIOS, did you set it to the defaults and reconfigure the settings?

nofam
26-07-2009, 08:04 PM
There's a known issue with Presario V3000's having swollen capacitors on the MoBo - I had one around 18 months ago that was doing the same (fans going, keyboard LED's lit up but dead screen).

Have a hunt on the internet for this - not saying for sure it's this, but it's been mentioned on here before as well.

HTH

CYaBro
27-07-2009, 12:58 AM
There's a known issue with Presario V3000's having swollen capacitors on the MoBo - I had one around 18 months ago that was doing the same (fans going, keyboard LED's lit up but dead screen).

Have a hunt on the internet for this - not saying for sure it's this, but it's been mentioned on here before as well.

HTH

Yup this is a known problem with some of the V3000 models.
I have two or three in bits in the workshop that I have tried to get one working unit out of but had no luck.

wratterus
27-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Yup this is a known problem with some of the V3000 models.
I have two or three in bits in the workshop that I have tried to get one working unit out of but had no luck.

x2, seen a few of these myself. Never been able to fix one short of installing a new motherboard. (which was done under warranty)

You sure it isn't posting when it does turn on? Just thinking it could possible be a LCD backlight issue aswell...plugging in an external monitor would rule this out, or looking really really hard at the screen.