PDA

View Full Version : PCTek Travels to Job

pctek
25-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Off to Oamaru to do a fix.

Been quite busy, kept coming on here to post, get to do one and I'd have to leave again......sigh..........shouldn't whinge. Busy is good.

This ones the furtherest I've had to go all week.

johcar
25-07-2009, 10:45 AM
A paying job, is a paying job!!

wainuitech
25-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Been the same last couple of weeks, and most of next weeks booked up as well.

Come on here in between working, when waiting for OS's to install.

"A paying job, is a paying job":thumbs:

Make sure you charge them Pctek - don't travel for nothing.

Pack your lunch as well.

nofam
25-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Proof that cream rises to the top in any market PCT - well done on keeping things ticking along nicely! :thumbs:

Greg
25-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Where the heck is Oamaru? Back of nowhere I suspect.

davidmmac
25-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Where the heck is Oamaru? Back of nowhere I suspect.

Google (http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?q=Oamaru&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=nz&ei=pWhqSoPeLoKGsgOH1aGWBQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1) knows ;)

R2x1
26-07-2009, 02:05 AM
That must work out to around 400km return or close to it. My word, how embarrassing for the customer if it's just the power lead a bit loose.

We had a customer bring a two week old aircraft from the nethermost regions of the South Island to Auckland once with stops at various airports on the way up to phone abuse through about junk radios that all failed at once. The closer he got the more abrasive the phone calls were. When he finally arrived he was livid, shrieking, and had deleted us completely from his xmas card list. It was interesting to watch his face as the tech reached in and turned a switch on the audio panel from headphones to speaker, wincing at the thunderous roar. It was repeated when he flipped the switch back, took out the factory supplied headphones from the map pocket and plugged them in. Even the headphones were audible outside the aircraft with the volume settings at full twist. Since he had angrily reported that he had tried both those options on the very first phone call, he was a bit quiet.
He left without a further word from either side and headed off to the far south again.

pctek
26-07-2009, 05:47 PM
660km return.

I told the uncle of the person responsible that I wouldn't charge his nephew except only travelling costs. $1 per km.
He said "you better go home then". :lol:

It was best friends PC, partners nephew had decided to do various things.
She had tried all week, she has had a lot of practice over the years because we always seem to end up a reasonable distance from each other - so she has had to learn lots of techy things. Including hardware.

But this beat her, she was most disappointed, especially as I went all prepared for drastic measures, loads of boot disks and the full arsenal, but it only took me an hour and a half including scanning time.
Recommended she password everything so nephews of partners can't go back on it.

Never mind, more time to play with shiny new hardware that was waiting to be installed too, and then go off and do best friend things together.

A nice weekend away................