PDA

View Full Version : An I/O subsystem driver failed to load?

09-07-2001, 11:16 PM
My computer crashed. Windows95. Restarted in safe mode and checked the device manager tab which had a lot of double entries which I removed except for hard disk controllers which I could not remove, and restarted windows and it found all the missing drives etc. and reinstalled them still in safe mode.I still have double entries in device managers tab. Booted up again but I got this message 'While initializing device IOS:error:An I/O subsystem driver failed to load. Either a file in the .\Iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low on memory.' I would appreciate if anyone could help me sort out this problem as I dont know how.

10-07-2001, 11:27 AM
Try reinstalling windows, not a fresh install which would wipe all of your data, or upgrade to windows 98.

10-07-2001, 09:41 PM
Thanks for your response Brian, You say to reinstall windows, I do have a cd with windows that came with the computer but no intructions on how to use it, is there a file that turns it on. I do have a recovery disk but that reinstalls all the original programs as well. I will have another look at the cd anyway.
Gordon