PDA

View Full Version : Epson TX100 printer any good ?

Organicpete
24-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm having no real luck finding much in the way of reviews for the TX100.
I see that it is slow but not worried about that. More concerned about reliability after burying more than printer .
Any user reports much appreciated !
cheers
Pete

Metla
24-07-2009, 02:55 PM
They are crap, But thats what you pay for.

Takes freakin ages to print a page, Minutes in some cases, and heaven help if it runs out of ink, just getting the print head into the correct position to change it is a mission,never mind getting it to acknowledge their is a new cartridge fitted. Mine has come so veryclose to being ripped off the desk and thrown outside, Its only the fact its only a month old (and I bought it for the wifes use) that has saved it.

It also goes through ink like water, and a complete set of ink is near $100.

Poppa John
24-07-2009, 09:47 PM
They are crap, But thats what you pay for.

Takes freakin ages to print a page, Minutes in some cases, and heaven help if it runs out of ink, just getting the print head into the correct position to change it is a mission,never mind getting it to acknowledge their is a new cartridge fitted. Mine has come so veryclose to being ripped off the desk and thrown outside, Its only the fact its only a month old (and I bought it for the wifes use) that has saved it.

It also goes through ink like water, and a complete set of ink is near $100.

& a basic new printer costs?????. Damned ridiculous innit. Even if the cartridges in that printer are not neccessarily full. PJ

KenESmith
25-07-2009, 08:50 PM
It is simple - you get what you pay for - Mine cost AUD68 - ink is expensive it drinks it Like a V8 car on steroids drinks petrol - if you want cheap printing buy a desktop laser printer.
It also seems to hang up regularly And won't print - need to then power down printer and PC and then wait.

davidmmac
25-07-2009, 09:19 PM
I can't comment on this particular printer, but we had a cheap Epson inkjet a few years ago that wasn't very useful - kept breaking down and throwing all it's toys out of the cot :annoyed:. Since then we have moved on to a cheap HP, which runs well (touch wood) :).

Organicpete
26-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks for not holding back guys :D
Looks like we will be giving the TX100 a miss !
cheers
Pete

Metla
16-08-2009, 10:48 PM
hmmmm......Was getting frustrated as my TX100 refused to accept the ink cartridge was installed, then I kinda slammed the top of it with my fist and smashed the scanner tray.

Its junk now, Though it was junk to start with, I have half a mind to smash it into smaller pieces and send to to Epson with a hate note. I gave them a $100 of damn fine dollars and they gave me useless crap and frustation in return.

Never again.

Funny enough, I'm not real popular at the moment.