PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth dongle

Myth
24-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Looking for one. Would like to know reasonable brands please, prefer not too expensive as all I really need it for is to transfer ringtones to new mobile
And attempting to go online with mobile directly is driving me somewhat insaner then normal

I see theres heaps on trademe, some quite cheap. Anyone know how good any of these ones are?

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2009, 01:32 PM
For what version of windows? The ASUS one I brought (BTD201M) isnt too bad.

Only cost $26. It came with a program.

Only thing is, its meant to work with Vista x64 but it doesnt. So, I chucked it on the PC with XP on it

Myth
24-07-2009, 01:59 PM
XP :)

Speedy Gonzales
24-07-2009, 02:09 PM
It'd probably be better if you could transfer from the old to the new one. If both have BT. Just enable BT on both, pair both, then send (if it allows you to send whatever with BT). I see no point in getting a dongle (if all youre doing is transferring from one to the other)

Myth
24-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Old phone supports infrared but not bluetooth, new phone supports bluetooth but not infrared

utopian201
24-07-2009, 02:22 PM
There are quite a few on dealextreme.com (dealxtreme?). They have free international shipping.

Strommer
24-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Myth, over a year ago I bought a generic bluetooth dongle from QMB for only $14 and it works perfectly. I use BlueSoleil (http://www.bluesoleil.com/)software - I cannot recall if it came with the dongle or if I downloaded it separately. I usually do not by generic but it was so cheap I added it to another order and took a chance on that it would be OK.

Before I got bluetooth I bought a DSE infrared dongle, probably around $25. Works OK but of course IR is slower than bluetooth - at the time of purchase I did not have a phone with bluetooth, but I still use IR for SWMBO's cellphone.

Blam
24-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I have one with drivers(generic) that you can have for free. Unused.

PM me if interested :)

Myth
24-07-2009, 05:13 PM

PM me if interested :)I will keep this in mind thanks. I have received a PM from someone else who has one, so will look into this one first

Will let you know how I get on ok :D

Myth
25-07-2009, 07:37 PM

PM me if interested :)Ok, I have obtained a dongle that suits my needs perfectly. Thanks to all who replied, especially to the person in PM ;)