PDA

View Full Version : Open web page position on desktop.

Driftwood
24-07-2009, 10:36 AM
This should be an easy one.
When I am browsing the net I like to have the browser window in a particular location on my desktop. How can I set it up to open in that location each time. I have both XP & Vista systems.

ronyville
24-07-2009, 10:45 AM
With IE, get out of full screen mode and position your window where you want it, than close the window and open it up again, it will reopen in the same position. Works on my pc everytime. Also works the same way with Firefox.

Driftwood
24-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Just tryed that on the XP system & it didn't work.
I use IE8.

ronyville
24-07-2009, 11:10 AM
mmmmmm works fine on my vista and xp machines. Did you close all the IE windows?

Driftwood
24-07-2009, 11:30 AM
Only had the one open.
Just moved onto the vista system.
When I open this site for example, I have the window at full height but like a gap down the LH side where I have a row of icons that can be accessed.
If I move it to that position, close it, then reopen it, it's moved.
I do quite often resize the windows if I am working on several at the same time but it would be handy if they would default to a set opening position.

Driftwood
24-07-2009, 05:12 PM
I have established with Vista, if I hold down ctrl when I close the browser, it will open the same next time. Doesent seem to work with XP though.

Driftwood
25-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Any more ideas?

mikebartnz
25-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Can't add anything to the above but one thing I do like about Linux and KDE is that you can make any Window or dialog box open to whatever size and position you want. It really annoys me those dialog boxes that are too small and you have no way of viewing all the data.