PDA

View Full Version : CCleaner

PCT Joe
23-07-2009, 07:50 PM
... How do i use cc cleaner on other partitions?!?! IE: D:\

Speedy Gonzales
23-07-2009, 07:57 PM
You cant, unless you go to the options tab and select whatever folder under include. Just make sure (what you want to delete), you dont want.

Because its gone for good (unless you've got a program, that can undelete deleted files). Other than that press the delete key. What exactly do you want to do on the other partitions? Delete files? Other?

Blam
23-07-2009, 09:50 PM
If you want to securely delte something use Eraser:
http://eraser.heidi.ie/

Blam

gary67
24-07-2009, 07:47 AM
Why when running Ccleaner does it always come up with stuff to delete for IE5 when it's not even installed only IE7 which I don't use, just something I've noticed and been wondering about

Laura
24-07-2009, 05:45 PM
EasyCleaner does the same for me & I've also wondered...
It's IE5 History I notice in the "unnecessary" items as they flash by in lists of temp files to be deleted.

rumpty
24-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I suggest you move to Glary Utilities instead of CCleaner. It seems a bit more thorough in the registry clean-up etc., and you can tell it which drive you want to clean temp files, and others, from.

Strommer
24-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I suggest you move to Glary Utilities instead of CCleaner.

Is Glary the one that makes you install a browser toolbar in order to install the program?

wainuitech
25-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Is Glary the one that makes you install a browser toolbar in order to install the program? If you are referring to "Askbar" you have the option of not installing it - simply untick it when installing.

Many people have a habit of clicking " Next, Next, Next" and not actually looking at whats being installed.

Many programs also have either customize, or advanced install options - those let you select what is being installed.

Strommer
25-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Well I dunno. Could swear that there was no other option and that is why I stopped the install. Will check again sometime. I am careful when I do installs, especially when it comes to the Custom option.

gary67
25-07-2009, 09:27 AM
There is a download of Glary that has no toolbar. I googled it and it gave me 3 options to download. Normal, without toolbar and the portable version

Strommer
25-07-2009, 10:07 AM
There is a download of Glary that has no toolbar. I googled it and it gave me 3 options to download. Normal, without toolbar and the portable version

Good - I will get it. It has been awhile since I tried Glary so maybe it must have been an old version without the option for toolbar removal.

Gary, what is the version of Glary?

gary67
25-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Link here (http://www.glaryutilities.com/builds.html) to where I downloaded the alternate builds. No toolbar version (Glary Utilities 2.14.0.711 - Slim)

Richard
25-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Yep, downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. Great utility program.:thumbs: