PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

ruup
22-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi,
Why is it that New Zealand will probably be one of the first countries in the world to get our hands on the new Windows 7,but one of the last to know what it will cost?
Being someone who would like to know what it will cost me to purchase a copy of Windows 7,I thought I would ask those who should know... Microsoft NZ right...

So I wrote Microsoft

"Hi when will Microsoft announce the pricing for Windows 7 and will there be a 'Family Pack' available?"

Answer or rather non answer

"Dear Ruup,

Warm greetings from Microsoft Customer Service. My name is Angie and I will be addressing your enquiry.

As I understand it, you are enquiring on pricing and the range of retail product package(s) available in the market for Windows 7. If my interpretation is incorrect, please let me know.

Ruup, we appreciate your interest in Microsoft product. Microsoft has stated that it plans to release Windows 7 and will be in stores beginning 22 October 2009 but presently we do not have any information regarding the pricing or range of product available for Windows 7. However, if Microsoft releases Windows 7 on the official date as stated, it will be announced to the public via the official Microsoft website below.

Microsoft New Zealand
http://www.microsoft.com/nz/windows/default.mspx

I hope I was able to address your enquiry to your satisfaction. Should you have further questions relating to this enquiry or any additional enquiries, please let me know.

Alternatively, for immediate assistance, you can contact one of our Microsoft Customer Service Representatives on 0800 800 004.

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Kind regards,"

Just wondering why it's taking so long to get a price,surely they have a calculator ...

wainuitech
22-07-2009, 09:26 PM
I was talking to one on my OEM suppliers today and asked the same question.

The reply was ---They ( the bosses and others concerned) were currently (as We were talking) in a meeting with Microsoft reps in their meeting room - and the NZ pricing is one of the items on the list of discussions.

Sweep
22-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Patience is a virtue. Possess it you can.

When the OS is on the shelf you may buy it or not.

pctek
22-07-2009, 10:10 PM
[B]"
Warm greetings from Microsoft Customer Service. My name is ....... and I will be addressing your enquiry.

As I understand it, you are enquiring on pricing for Windows 7. If my interpretation is incorrect, please let me know.

http://www.microsoft.com/nz/windows/default.mspx

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

IT's a machine.
Or software installed on the machine. They aren't even sure of your question, that's why these things never give an answer.

I don't even know the pricing.
I'll find out when my suppliers start to list it for sale.
Which will be October.

It doesn't matter - you can be sure it will be more than Vista.