PDA

View Full Version : Outoing Paradise Email from Telecom mobile

plimtk
22-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Hi. I've recently purchased a smartphone on the XT network. I'm receiving emails fine, but can't send. Paradise tell me I can't use its outgoing mail server because 'it's very limited in what it can do'. Telecom tell me that to use it's server I need to set up an Xtra account for $10/month, which I don't want or need and seems unnecessarily complicated. Is there any way around this problem? Thx.

Speedy Gonzales
22-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Probably not

robbyp
22-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi. I've recently purchased a smartphone on the XT network. I'm receiving emails fine, but can't send. Paradise tell me I can't use its outgoing mail server because 'it's very limited in what it can do'. Telecom tell me that to use it's server I need to set up an Xtra account for $10/month, which I don't want or need and seems unnecessarily complicated. Is there any way around this problem? Thx.

Paradise are very primitive, can't believe they are still around in that brand, as Telstra purchased them years ago. Anyway, they best way could be to get a domain name, and hosting for that domain, and many hosts will provide SMTP for no additional fee.

MushHead
23-07-2009, 11:25 AM
GMail lets you do SMTP for free, just don't know whether there's a way to make it look like mail sent through there can be made to look like it's coming from your Paradise account.

chiefnz
23-07-2009, 01:04 PM
What kind of phone is it?
I have a Telecom Nokia E71 and can use my vodafone email smtp and pop addresses to send and receive emails.

As long as you enter the correct smtp and pop addresses you should be able to send and receive mail fine.

Cheers,

robbyp
23-07-2009, 01:34 PM
GMail lets you do SMTP for free, just don't know whether there's a way to make it look like mail sent through there can be made to look like it's coming from your Paradise account.

Although I am not a fan of Vodafone, and would rather support a company that is largely owned by NZ shareholders like Telecom, Vodafone does provide free SMTP for send out emails. Telecom should match this, if you tell them that Vodafone provides this at no xtra fee. Xtras SMTP service is just using Yahoos email service anyway, so them setting you up with an email account would be a minimial cost to them, if at all.

Blam
23-07-2009, 02:34 PM
What you do is what Mushead suggested, set up SMTP on gmail, and add your paradise account to it:)