PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC

BobM
19-07-2009, 11:32 PM
AC/DC Black Ice show coming to NZ in 2010.

$170 a ticket. ? ? ?

GameJunkie
19-07-2009, 11:34 PM
i'll stick to youtube thanks

Metla
19-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Seen them twice, Neither shows ranked as amongst the best I have seen, Not about to spend $170 to see them again.

Though if I had never seen them before.......

Trev
20-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Thats what you pay nowadays for international artists. Went to Pink Floyd Experience here in Napiers Municipal Theater a couple of months ago $75 a seat, thats for a NZ group, brilliant though.
:)

rob_on_guitar
20-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Ive never seen them live before so ill be going. Utterly **** prices but I guess even katrillionaires still have a streak of greed.

CYaBro
20-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Iron Maiden was only $120 so still got $50 left over to buy the Flight 666 DVD! :thumbs:

Deane F
20-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Ive never seen them live before so ill be going. Utterly **** prices but I guess even katrillionaires still have a streak of greed.

Not sure the bands have a lot of say over the ticket prices. I know there was a stink between the band and the promoters when Pearl Jam insisted on a low ticket price many years ago.

Gobe1
20-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Thats what you pay nowadays for international artists. Went to Pink Floyd Experience here in Napiers Municipal Theater a couple of months ago $75 a seat, thats for a NZ group, brilliant though.

I never saw them when they were still a group and am kicking myself now. Went to Queen a kind of magic ($90), was good. The drummer never stopped the whole gig, and did a great song at half time singing and only drumming, no other instruments. Cant remember the name of the song unfortunatley...

Like Metla said "if you havent seen them?" and if you go then you wont be like me " i wish i went to see them when they were still a group.... :waughh:

EDIT: i live in taranaki so i wont be going. Went to UB40 at the bowl about 4 years ago, best concert i have been to. Went to Elton John last year, waited in the rain for 6 hours and was the first in (lol) but the concert was shite (weather killed the sound). Went to Meat Loaf a few years back at western springs Awesome!. Never seen Pink Floyd...cry

wratterus
20-07-2009, 10:56 AM
If they had a concert in the SI I'd go... ferry/plane on top of that inflated ticket price is a little much. Will be purchasing a live DVD or two though, to watch on the new TV. ;)

rob_on_guitar
20-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Not sure the bands have a lot of say over the ticket prices. I know there was a stink between the band and the promoters when Pearl Jam insisted on a low ticket price many years ago.

They are bringing the entire stage set which in travel cost is frikin exspensive as it is. But doesnt justify 170. Promoters are always a bunch of classless no hoping scum bastards but its acdc, they have some say in what goes on. As mentioned, pearl jam did it... and they still continue to do it.

But it is acdc so i will be going no matter the price sigh lol

Metla
20-07-2009, 06:23 PM

They band have an appearance fee, Its non-negotiable, and when the band is hot the fee is high.

The promoter has to cover that fee, plus the entire cost of staging the event and take on all the risk, In the event the concert is a fizzer the band still get paid their entire fee.

In the case of Pearl Jam, They were trying to stop the ticketing agency from making money on the service they were providing, If they wanted to offer cheaper tickets then they should have cut their own rate. Pearl Jam are near ultimate suckage.

Twelvevolts
20-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Struth - ACDC haven't been hot since the Ice Age.

wratterus
24-07-2009, 04:39 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/ACDC-tickets/artist/1170951

Mmmm, hot tickets.

Trev
24-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Win free AC/DC tickets.
http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/Information/105

hueybot3000
24-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Il sneak in

rob_on_guitar
26-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Ill give acdc a miss, slayer and megadeth are teaming up for a concert in october. Thats more me.

Metla
26-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Ill give acdc a miss, slayer and megadeth are teaming up for a concert in october. Thats more me.

where?

Here in NZ?

You gots to be ****ing kidding me.

rob_on_guitar
26-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Yup here in NZ at long frikin last, megadeth and slater in one concert:

According to Kill Your Stereo, SLAYER will team up with MEGADETH for a tour of Australia and New Zealand. The dates are as follows:

Oct. 05 - Logan Campbell Centre - Auckland, New Zealand
Oct. 07 - Riverstage - Brisbane, Australia
Oct. 08 - Hordern Pavilion - Sydney, Australia
Oct. 09 - Festival Hall - Melbourne, Australia
Oct. 11 - Thebarton Theatre - Adelaide, Australia
Oct. 13 - Challenge Stadium - Perth, Australia

Tickets will go on sale on Monday, August 10.