PDA

View Full Version : New Feature On G-Earth?

SurferJoe46
19-07-2009, 04:29 AM
In the lower left corner (the side youse guys drive upon) is an entry: Imagery Date XXX XX, XXXX.

I just noticed it whilst looking at the Cape Reinga Lighthouse - Imagery Date: Jan 26, 2003

(59 H 654604.52 m E 6189051.90 m S)

SurferJoe46
19-07-2009, 04:41 AM
Just looking at Gladstone, Australia too and I noticed that there are a lot of Lutheran churches on Australia. Is that a predominant religion there?

The port and beaches all look so clean and neat ( March so it's what season?) I don't see any tourists covered with oil, lying on the sand though.

Phil B
20-07-2009, 09:06 PM
I thought VB was the nearest thing to a religion in Aussie lol
Greater following & attendances ?

Metla
20-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Just looking at Gladstone, Australia too and I noticed that there are a lot of Lutheran churches on Australia. Is that a predominant religion there?

My family were part of the group who brought the Lutheran Church into Australia, and then into NZ.

I'm descended from a long line of preachers and Church Builders.....:punk:rolleyes:

Its how the family name made its way out of Austria and into NZ. I see crap named after my relatives in every area I go to that has a Lutheran community, Most recently saw a couple roads named after family members in Nelson.

SurferJoe46
21-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm descended from a long line of preachers and Church Builders.....:punk:rolleyes:

So-o-o-o what happened? :xmouth:

(Alternate response= "....and then?") :horrified

Metla
21-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Idiots bred with inferior genetic specimens, NZ settlers from Scotland, it went downhill quickly.

Metla
21-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Personally I see the rejection of the creator as described by the Christian faith to be a step forward in evolution.

None of the fairy tales stand up to scrutiny.

wratterus
21-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Its how the family name made its way out of Austria and into NZ. I see crap named after my relatives in every area I go to that has a Lutheran community, Most recently saw a couple roads named after family members in Nelson.

Around Upper Moutere?

I used to live 4km from a Lutheran Church, St Paul's I think it was, all kinds of fun road names around there.

Metla
21-07-2009, 03:50 PM
In that general area, we were actually on the Main road heading towards an aquarium, I saw a stone marker and a street name both bearing Grandmothers maiden name, they had both been moved for road works.

I wouldn't be surprised if her relatives still make up a good portion of the congregation, and she says there was statues erected and all sorts of other stuff.

They figured they had a lot to be proud of I suppose, Pity that side of the family are now well known for being notorious criminals.:groan: