PDA

View Full Version : cellphone webcam???

Helpurgent
18-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Just wanting to know, how can i turn my mobile into a bluetooth web cam for my computer? ...I already tryd google, so dont tell me to search google.

Speedy Gonzales
18-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Unless it has a driver (if it uses one), and it can be connected to a USB port, and a program can use it / detect it you cant. But if it wasnt made to be connected to a computer, or made so it can be used as a cam within windows you cant either. It may or may not work with a BT adapter. But, that may depend on what options the program (the adapter comes with) has in it

Erayd
18-07-2009, 12:29 PM
You'll need to give us a *lot* more information than that before we can help you. Note however that you're unlikely to be able to achieve this - most cellphones simply don't support it.

Helpurgent
18-07-2009, 12:36 PM
ok infomation:
Phone/ Sony Ericsson W910i,
Computer/ HP DV5 1209AX

any other information needed

Helpurgent
18-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Anyone tryed to turn there phone into a webcam before

Speedy Gonzales
18-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Connect it see if windows loads a driver (if it doesnt), see if its on the cd / site. See if it appears under device manager as an imaging device. Install an IM program (if this is what you want to do). See if it picks up the cam. It may not work wirelessly, but it may work if you connect it with USB

Erayd
18-07-2009, 02:27 PM
OK, after some googling on the phone in question, your answer is "not possible". You cannot use this phone as a bluetooth webcam.