PDA

View Full Version : can't acess internet explorer 5

08-07-2001, 04:42 PM
i have not had my computer for very long and son't know that much about computers itself, but for the past few months i haven't been able to get a page opened on ie5. it always always always shows up as page cannot be displayed.....etc. i can't seem to find the problem. since then i have been restricted to many sites and am unable to use napigator and most sharing programs. i also have netscape 6 which works fine but is not as useful as ie5. i would really like to be able to use this browser once again, for it made searching the net alot more easier and fun.

08-07-2001, 06:07 PM
You could upgrade to 5.5 via the service pack and see if that helps, also take a look at this article...

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q241/3/44.ASP

09-07-2001, 03:06 AM
This kind of problem can be caused by having your security setting to high. I couldn't logon to my ISP's web site a while back, it turned out that a security setting of medium was to high for this secure web site. The problem was solved by lowering the security level to medium-low. In win98 go to control pannel, internet options, security tab and adjust the slider. You can also do it from inside IE5 by clicking Tools,internet options. Hope this works for you. Vince