PDA

View Full Version : Recording surveillance video to PC

amber11
16-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi all,
I have a 4 camera security system that does not currently record video. The system I have is here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GIP90M/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

I want to set it up so that it connects to a DVR or my PC (preferably my PC) and will record video when it detects motion. I have seen some cards/software that I can plug the cameras straight to that claim to do this. They use whatever kind of connection the cameras are (serial?), however my system currently plugs into the back of my TV with a different connector (RCA?). Is there a card that uses that type of connection or would I be better off just getting a card with the 4 connections and wiring the cameras straight to the card? I am trying to get out of buying tons of extra cables but I want to be able to have decent quality video in case I need it. Any recommendations?

thanks,
Amber

inphinity
16-07-2009, 05:16 PM
GeoVision make some affordable PC-DVR cards, though I suspect you'll need adapters to plug those cameras straight in, likely some 4-pin DIN to BNC adapters.

amber11
18-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Thank you, that helps. I didn't realize there were different connectors for the card but I looked it up and you're right.