PDA

View Full Version : 6 square Zeros (?)

effie c
15-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi all,

After yesterday's debacle and the so called success thanks to F1, I see now everything now starts as it should ( no Epson C46 icon in program bar )now I have two notices which require me to replace---
BUT they are 6 square or hollow noughts (?) which the pooter can no longer find and apparently are part of the registry etc

Yes I know- it must have happened while I searched the "start up" folder - I remember deleting these thinking they were gobble de gook -whereas in fact they must be computer language

How on earth am I to create those?

The computer is otherwise back to a slightly slower normal

Could it be connected to ESET aV as the update window and the statement that ESET is online, is much slower than of late, but does eventually arrive

effie c

pctek
15-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I have two notices which require me to replace---
BUT they are 6 square or hollow noughts (?) which the pooter can no longer find and apparently are part of the registry etc

What? Screenshot of these notices would help........

wainuitech
15-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I know the ones you mean - they are usually some sort of corruption.

Since you have removed the printer, and the startup entries, if its under msconfig, all you need to do is re-enable them.

If they were linked files to the printer somehow, you may need to completely remove all printer software, and reinstall it again for the printer you have.

I'm suspecting that when the printer software was uninstalled it didn't uninstall correctly, thats why the Icon came back in the tray.

Run Cleaner - On the left / Tools, then startup - have a look through the list see if the Squares are listed in the startup items, if so untick them.